Serious bewb question, no pervs please

Options

Replies

• chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You've gotten a lot of responses here to dress in a way that feels comfortable to you, and that is certainly sound advice. In addition to that, I want to address your point about if you would look like you were grasping or seeking attention. I pay close attention to this myself for how I dress and I pay careful attention to others and how they do or don't pull it off. In my "field research" I've come to the conclusion that what you wear makes no difference, but who you really are always seems to shine through, for better or for worse unfortunately. I have seen people who are dressed modestly who give off the "grasping" vibe, and people who are dressed like nutjobs who instantly make me feel comfortable and seem self-possessed. I think the whole thing boils down to how you feel about yourself. If you are grasping for attention, that'll come through. If you are judging yourself as inappropriate, others will pick up on that and judge you too. If you say to yourself, "*kitten* it, I deserve to enjoy a hot tub and no one ever died from seeing cleavage" then others will likely pick up on that and enjoy you too!!! Live it up!!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    No top. Seriously.

Why hasn't anybody made that joke yet
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    You've gotten a lot of responses here to dress in a way that feels comfortable to you, and that is certainly sound advice. In addition to that, I want to address your point about if you would look like you were grasping or seeking attention. I pay close attention to this myself for how I dress and I pay careful attention to others and how they do or don't pull it off. In my "field research" I've come to the conclusion that what you wear makes no difference, but who you really are always seems to shine through, for better or for worse unfortunately. I have seen people who are dressed modestly who give off the "grasping" vibe, and people who are dressed like nutjobs who instantly make me feel comfortable and seem self-possessed. I think the whole thing boils down to how you feel about yourself. If you are grasping for attention, that'll come through. If you are judging yourself as inappropriate, others will pick up on that and judge you too. If you say to yourself, "*kitten* it, I deserve to enjoy a hot tub and no one ever died from seeing cleavage" then others will likely pick up on that and enjoy you too!!! Live it up!!

I'm sorry, but that is far to socially aware for this late in the work day on a Wednesday.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

How, exactly, does a 'nutjob' dress?
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We will need pics to give a proper recommendation.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I would probably just sit in there in some cute earrings............. nothing else.......... just earrings.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    NO, but it is YOUR hot tub!!! you can wear what you want! A sports bra, a pair of pastys, nothing at all...... I would wear the one that is revealing. It is probably not as bad as you see it in your mind anyway.
    You liked it when you bought it. Your friends might like it too. Just try it on and ask hubby what he thinks !
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Pervert-Dog-disneys-bolt-funny-pictures-10886227-566-407.jpg
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    you could wear a tank top over the top, I assume its the top that's skimpy from the topic
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Does your husband's opinion count?
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I would probably just sit in there in some cute earrings............. nothing else.......... just earrings.

Where is the "like" button for this post???:love:
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Put the new swimsuit and then pop a long t-shirt over the top
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    remember in a hot tub, whatever's loose is going to puff up with air and make you feel that much worse. Wear the new suit, you're being harder on yourself than your guests will even imagine to be, plus, when you're in the hot tub up to your armpits, nobody can see what you're wearing anyway.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Why not go naked?
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I make my wife wear a burka while swimming its what makes me the most comfortable

This makes me giggle. =P
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Anytime you (and by "you", I mean "me" also) wear a swim suit around people, especially if they aren't super close friends, its going to be nerve-racking. Wear one you won't feel self-conscious in and don't feel like you have to cover up the whole time.

gapping is NOT GOOD. swim suit shopping can be a nightmare. Whatever you are most comfortable in - even though wearing swimsuits in general is uncomfortable.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Like this:
    nutjob.jpg
  • noahsampeer1
    noahsampeer1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just wear a long shirt over the smaller suit. If you feel comfortable later on, then you can just take it off.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Like this:
    nutjob.jpg

:laugh: oh that made my day :happy:
  • juliedee6
    juliedee6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Consider, also, whether it will make your guests uncomfortable or not.