New Game- random fun facts

Options
carriem73
carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
Ok, so while reading another post, I responded with a totally unrelated response to the OP, but to a person responding down the thread- it had nothing to do with the original post, but it was an odd fact that I felt compleed to share-

So, here is a new topic-

What random facts do you know that others might find interesting?

For example, my reponse had to do with socks dissappearing in the dryer... this is what I was told by an applicance company:

The dryer doesn't eat socks, the washing machine does! In a traditional top loading washer, there is usually a space between the top of the "basket" and the top of the washer to let the water escape- socks tend to float to the top since they are lighter, and can sometimes get swept "over the edge" with the water!

what do you know??? :drinker:

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I know that even Tide Sport with Febreeze can't get the stink out of my son's Red Robin cook's uniform.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Cow's cant climb stairs
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    The giraffe has the highest natural blood pressure in the animal kingdom, they have to have high blood pressure to get the blood all the way up their neck to their brains.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Its impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    xrays bounce off fat and cause scatter radiation
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Men like when women wear yoga pants because it's hot.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Its impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

I've always wondered about that!

And, can you / do you sneeze in your sleep?????

(yes, these are things I think about at 1:00 am when I am trying to get to sleep!) :yawn: :sad: :blushing:
  • taylorblues
    taylorblues Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been told that a well known low fat margarine is only 1 chemical away from the packaging it's in! Don't know if it's true though!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    the medicine Premarin is made from PREgnant MARe's urIN
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I actually know all kinds of weird random information lol. I'm sort of known for it in my friend group.

By the time you say 3,000 puppies, 3,000 puppies are born
    Pound for pound, hamburgers cost more than new cars
    Ants stretch when they wake up
    You'll drink an average of 16,000 gallons of liquid in your lifetime
    The least common birth date in the US is May 22
    The male praying mantis cannot copulate while it's head is attached. The female initiates sex by ripping it's head off
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    You may not know it, but you have a third eyelid. Pull open the two more noticeable eyelids and take a look - it's located right in the corner by the tear duct. The third eyelid is left over from what's known as a "nictitating membrane," which is still present in animals like chickens, lizards and sharks.
  • stevewynjones
    Options
    Big Ben is not a clock...it's the bell inside!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    16e3d524.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcTOvnopl0N7tdNj5YsnrNtgz32fYnEGkkiuNAZ37nUnkl2cYLvJXg.jpg
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Ok, so while reading another post, I responded with a totally unrelated response to the OP, but to a person responding down the thread- it had nothing to do with the original post, but it was an odd fact that I felt compleed to share-

So, here is a new topic-

What random facts do you know that others might find interesting?

For example, my reponse had to do with socks dissappearing in the dryer... this is what I was told by an applicance company:

The dryer doesn't eat socks, the washing machine does! In a traditional top loading washer, there is usually a space between the top of the "basket" and the top of the washer to let the water escape- socks tend to float to the top since they are lighter, and can sometimes get swept "over the edge" with the water!

what do you know??? :drinker:

According to the chart I found...most socks actually end up in Narnia...

But my random fact is that cat urine glows under black light.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    awww my brother's birthday was May 22

well if socks end up under the washing machine...what's all that lint in the lint filter of the dryer??? there's at least one sock's worth in every load!! lol
  • stevewynjones
    Options
    Foxes have different coloured retinas to all other animals!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The Bible is the world's best selling book, it is also the world's most shoplifted book.
    A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second.
    All major league baseball umpires must wear black underwear while on the job.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Celsius and Farenheit (I have no idea if those are spelled correctly:blushing: ) are the same at -40 degrees.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Most cling wrap boxes have perforations on the side that allow you to punch in part of the cardboard making internal tabs that hold the roll in the box.