Has anyone tried Calorie Cycling?

Options

Replies

• Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    MFP does the maths for you - you don't have to eat an exact number each day, just work to eating your weekly net cals rather than daily. It is how people who don't need MFP and are slim eat anyway - lower on one day, higher on others and it all just balances out. Simples! ; )
    I agree, I have started to manage my calories on a weekly basis. I also mix up my workouts and have slowed down the speed of my weight loss (Tips 2 and 3 from the website).
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've just started Eat More Weigh Less. If this doesn't work after I get on a regular schedule, I might try this. Thanks for the info!

14877786.png
  • calitravelingal
    Options
    bump
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It broke me out of a several month plateau I love calorie cyclin !
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yup at least twice per week.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I had a REALLY hard time sticking to it. I was either starving on low days or feeling like I was stuffed on the higher days.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, interesting to know. Think i will give it a try
  • seriouslylosingit
    Options
    I remember a long time ago my mother was on a diet called the "Rotation Diet". That followed these principals as well and would rotate between 900, 1200, 1500 (??? don't quote me on exact calorie numbers) calorie days. This helps keep the body "confused" as to how much it will be fed each day and will keep your body out of starvation mode where it will conserve calories. I haven't tried it, but it makes a lot of sense.. Good Luck!
  • eal12_00
    eal12_00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i used it for 2 months but now i have plateau so this week i am going back to 1200 calories and see what happens
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think ww had something called the Wendie plan...You had to convert it to calories though!.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I tried it but failed to get results, because on my low cal days, I faltered. :grumble:
    3 times this happened.
    Others claim it's great. And I detest them for that.
    I am seriously giving this strong consideration.
    All Is Possible!
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Pretty much trying this after a 2 month plateau. I went "off" MFP and zumba for 2 and a half weeks at the beginning of the month due to a knee injury and traveling but stil remained active because I swam, walked, etc, I didn't log but figure I ate at maintenance more or less for 2.5 weeks because I gained/lost the same 1lb all week that I've been doing since my plateau. I started back to Zumba a week ago and now doing high day/low day and I've "lost" that 1lb and about .5 more. My "weigh day" isn't until Saturday so will see what happens. I do think my waist may be a teensy bit smaller still, it feels flatter that's for sure.
  • cibilbee
    cibilbee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • yaymeforlife
    Options
    I follow the very strict 500/1600. It is pretty much the only thing that has worked for me. The Great thing is that even though I am at a healthy weight range according to BMI, I can still lose doing this, my body doesn't really want to hang on to stuff like it does if I do 1200-1500 cal/day.

And the even GREATER thing is that I can lose close to 2 lbs a week following this.

The Bad- If I have events or social activities it can be very hard to adhere to. So I do week to 2 week cycles when I know I don't have much going on.

I also feel like I have way more energy on my down days then up days. And on up days all I can think about is food which can suck.
  • yaymeforlife
    Options
    but this is also a great way to maintain your weight when you've reached your goal weight. I can maintain my weight easily doing 900-1000/ 1600-1800. Which makes it a lot easier to fit into daily life.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I follow the very strict 500/1600. It is pretty much the only thing that has worked for me. The Great thing is that even though I am at a healthy weight range according to BMI, I can still lose doing this, my body doesn't really want to hang on to stuff like it does if I do 1200-1500 cal/day.

And the even GREATER thing is that I can lose close to 2 lbs a week following this.

The Bad- If I have events or social activities it can be very hard to adhere to. So I do week to 2 week cycles when I know I don't have much going on.

I also feel like I have way more energy on my down days then up days. And on up days all I can think about is food which can suck.

you mean in low days, you only eat 500? how can you do that? I am seriously curious...
  • runninghome
    runninghome Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i've been looking into this myself lately. i lose weight slowing, even with exercising 5 day a week. my weight lost also stalls often. i was thinking of zig-zaggin' my calories (calorie cycling) but I did not know it would work to go so low? do you exercise?
  • yaymeforlife
    Options

you mean in low days, you only eat 500? how can you do that? I am seriously curious...

It is actually pretty easy for me, because no food is off limits for me on my Up days, so even though I am depriving myself for one day, I am already looking forward to the delicious stuff I get to eat the next day. And I just keep myself busy on Down Days, which is usually why I work out more on DD then UD. If you google JUDDD you can get a lot more information on the style that i do.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

It is actually pretty easy for me, because no food is off limits for me on my Up days, so even though I am depriving myself for one day, I am already looking forward to the delicious stuff I get to eat the next day. And I just keep myself busy on Down Days, which is usually why I work out more on DD then UD. If you google JUDDD you can get a lot more information on the style that i do.

ok, thank you. Good to know!