Has anyone tried Calorie Cycling?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Jevenson08 - what exactly do you eat on your 500 calorie days? Also, what time do you eat these "meals"?
    I just don't think I could do that and I am curious how you are able to manage. I think you have much more willpower than I do!
    This did not work for me so I gave up on it and just increased my caloric intake. When I was doing this, I usually ate something high in protein like chicken breast and I drank a lot of water. I was usually OK for the most part.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Jevenson08 - what exactly do you eat on your 500 calorie days? Also, what time do you eat these "meals"?
    I just don't think I could do that and I am curious how you are able to manage. I think you have much more willpower than I do!

I think she said somewhere like "keep thinking of next day when you can eat whatever". LOL sometimes that works for me. But I mean when I eat less than usual, but not as low as 500..
  • albayin
    Options
    This did not work for me so I gave up on it and just increased my caloric intake. When I was doing this, I usually ate something high in protein like chicken breast and I drank a lot of water. I was usually OK for the most part.

Which part "didn't work for you"? you were not able to do 500cal? or the cycling between 500-1900 didn't work?
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Which part "didn't work for you"? you were not able to do 500cal? or the cycling between 500-1900 didn't work?
    My weight initially increased. I eventually lost the weight but it never went below my original weight which is why I was doing it in the first place.
  • albayin
    Options

My weight initially increased. I eventually lost the weight but it never went below my original weight which is why I was doing it in the first place.

Oh I see....
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking for further research =)
  • yaymeforlife
    Options

On my 500 calorie days I eat anything but just stay under 500 calories! For instance today is a down day and I have had a sugar free rockstar energy drink, and a package of Green Giant broccoli and cheese (150 cals). When I get home tonight I will probably have the remaining 350 in the form of a subway sandwich (which is actually quite filling!).

on this diet you really have to be committed the first week because that is the only way you can push through your mental and physical hunger. (in my experience). For instance I went off this diet for a while because of miscelleanous festivities and I am starting up again with 500d/1800u. The first day I did 500 it was not easy even though I have done this diet before. But the first day is the hardest. And on the 2nd down day it wasn't nearly as hard! It is kind of a commitment you have to make in the beginning to really be able to get into it.
  • yaymeforlife
    Options
    OK one last question Jevenson08 - are you tired and able to work out the day after a down day (500 cals)? Once when I was able to eat a low of 1000, I was pretty tired the next day and couldn't do my work out. I work out in the morning so maybe that is the issue?

Thanks for all the information. Once again I am not sure if I have the sustenance to do this - but I am very curious....

My energy on this is amazing...my last down day I worked out for 90 minutes and could have gone longer...and on my up days I don't have a problem either, I do 60-90 mins a day. I am able to wake up earlier the day after a down day ( more just food anticipation, but whatever gets me out of bed!) .

I think either you aren't starting with a high enough Up day or maybe its just not right for you, because I've never experienced even light headedness on this with consuming 500 calories. But if you are going from 1300-1400 to 500 I think the up days are a little too low. If you google Juddd it will actually bring you to the website where there is a calculator and you enter in your information and it gives you how muihc your up and downs days should be. We find it best to used a sedentary activity level to estimate first because the calculator tends to overcompensate calories for exercise.

Go here to read more.

http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html
  • azamlynn2000
    azamlynn2000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try FREEDIETING.COM. Their calculators are awesome for calorie cycling. Goodluck!