Bikers!!!

Options
Do hardcore bikers look down on non-hardcore bikers? Like, I ride my bike (mountain) to work, and I wear my helmet, some yoga pants and a tee shirt. This guy passed me today all decked out in his matching riding gear, his road bike, and all. I felt like the poor kid with the dirty face and a paper sack lunch.

Replies

• TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bike and the best you will see me in are my Umbro Soccer shorts and a white shirt. Old School!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    images41.jpg
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bike and the best you will see me in are my Umbro Soccer shorts and a white shirt. Old School!

Teutonic - what the hell are you wearing? Just laughed out loud for real!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    was so hoping for a motorcyle thread!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Teutonic - what the hell are you wearing? Just laughed out loud for real!

Pajamas I found I wore in 4th grade a few years ago. Had to prove I was thin enough to fit in them. BWHAHA! Maybe I will go biking in them! HAHAH!
  • k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Same...
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

sorry :/
  • jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't think so! I have a couple friends who are big into biking and they're usually happy to see other people getting into it. Unless you're committing some kind of huge bicycle ettiquite fail or something... :)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    I don't think so! I have a couple friends who are big into biking and they're usually happy to see other people getting into it. Unless you're committing some kind of huge bicycle ettiquite fail or something... :)

I don't think so... I was in the bike lane, helmet, hand signals.... lol
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just got a beautiful Trek 7.3 for my fat *kitten*.

I really don't care what the hard core folks think. I have an ironman triathlete for a coach. His $12,900 specialized bike kicks all kinds of crazy *kitten* and he helped me get this bike.

If what I am doing is good enough for him, the so called "hard core" guys can bite my furry pale *kitten*.
  • jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I figured you weren't :) I'm sure you were fine!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

You're in Austin, you can get away with just about anything on a bike :) Don't sweat it! I wanna get a bike soon just to ride for fun, no chance you're ever gonna see me in hardcore cycling gear!
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    He was prob just hoping one of your bewbies would pop out.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

You're in Austin, you can get away with just about anything on a bike :) Don't sweat it! I wanna get a bike soon just to ride for fun, no chance you're ever gonna see me in hardcore cycling gear!

there is that guy that rides in a thong on 360...
  • _Dan_
    _Dan_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Depends on the biker. Most welcome new bikers, and it doesn't matter what you wear, as long as you're having fun... although, I have heard people make fun of others who buy high-end bikes, all the flashy gear, and have no clue why they did or what they're doing... I believe the term is "Fred". Sounds like you've got nothing to worry about, you're definitely not a Fred.
  • dfulgoni
    dfulgoni Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I'd say no. I'm rather "hard core" (I guess), and I think it's great to see anyone out on a bike. Could care less what they're wearing or riding.

Besides, who are we to pass judgment anyway? We look more ridiculous in our cycling clothes than you ever could I'm guessing. :happy:

Ride on!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I don't look down on anyone on a bike...unless they aren't following laws or etiquette. Then they make the rest of us look bad.

eta: I freaking love my cycling get-up. Spandex, jersey, goofy shoes... I'm a sexy biker babe.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My husband is a long distance Hardcore Rider - has completed several double centuries, and a 508 mile race through Death Valley as part of a 2 man team, and my son is a Hardcore racer, Category 1 on the Road and Track, has raced for the USA Junior National Team, and is currently racing for Full Circle Cycling p/b Pure Gear, and neither of them cares how others ride. As a matter of fact, my son has been known to tool around the neighborhood with friends, wearing jeans and his vans.

Good for you for getting out there!

And for the record... I completed a metric century (100 kilometers - 85.7 miles) wearing track pants.... there was no way I was stuffing my *kitten* into Lycra! :noway:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I just like the way the seat makes me feel.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    <snip>

And for the record... I completed a metric century (100 kilometers - 85.7 miles) wearing track pants.... there was no way I was stuffing my *kitten* into Lycra! :noway:

HAHAHAHA this is what I'm thinking! I can deal with the yoga pants and the tshirt, not something that looks like I painted it on. Not a pretty sight... yet :wink: