Lets get those TUNA recipes going!!

Options
Aprill42
Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
I'm not a seasoned cooker, but I love tuna and i knowwwwwwwwwww there are some good recipes out there!!!

Show meee show meeeeeee

Replies

• LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Short of tuna helper, I don't have any, but I wanted to bump for later. :smile:
  • swetha1234
    Options
    tuna mac and cheese!
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    How about tuna on 4 different Wasa cracker after spreading on laughing cow spread any flavor, it works for lunches or snacks. Here is one I stole from the Biggest Loser cookbook:

Today's Tuna sandwiches serving for 4
    1 6 oz can of tuna, drained
    3 tablespoons low-fat mayo...I use Miracle Whip light myself
    1/4 cup finely chopped celery
    1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (i take that out sometimes, not fond of onions)
    Pepper for taste...mix all together
    8 slices sesame sprouted grain bread or whole grain ( I have discovered light everything rye)
    16 thin slices tomatoes (4 slices per sandwich)
    16 thin slices cucumber (4 slices per sandwich)
    1 1/3 cups alfalfa sprouts

Per serving:
    284 calories, 27 g protein, 34 g Carbs, 3 g fat, 21 mg cholesterol, 7 g fiber, and 410 mg sodium. (which changes depending on what bread and mayo you use)
    Enjoy!
  • bugbeenz
    bugbeenz Posts: 31
    Options
    Pomodori Ripieni

Tomatoes, halved and gutted (it's late, I have a headcold and can't think of the proper word in english, sorry) turn them upside down on a plate to get rid of excess water.

In a bowl, add your tuna and chop up finely italian parsely, red onion (preferably fresh if you can get them) capers and add a tsp of your favourite mayonnaise, or enough to get a nice consistency. Can also a bit of fresh chilli if you want, or even anchovies.

salt your tomatoes, if not if prefered. Then heap your tuna mixture into your halved tomatoes.. can add grated parmigiano on top, or not. Can make prior and store in fridge as well.

Alternatively, instead of mayonnaise you could use ricotta and then bake your tomatoes, or even use capsicums, courgettes etc.

I like the non-cooked version in summertime, its so easy and a really refreshing dish.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump. I love tuna and need recipes.
  • renejtrainer
    renejtrainer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love tuna and was needing some recipes. Bump for later.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    MIX - Tuna, mashed potato, cilantro, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, chopped green onions with leeeetle bit of olive oil
    Form patties
    Dip and cover it with some oatmeal as a 'breading'

spray patties with olive oil spray or non calorie spray
    and BAKE at 350F for 20-30 mins until browned..

WOOT!!!

Oh and check for salt before you form patties!
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Bump!
  • Alicat59
    Alicat59 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not 100% healthy, but full of protein.

1 can of tuna
    Half a sleeve of crackers crushed into crumbs (or breadcrumbs)
    1 egg
    Seasonings

Mix together and form into patties. Fry in olive oil. Drain on paper towels.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    can of Tuna + 2 tbsp catalina + 1tsp mustard + garlic powder

mix it up and let it sit in fridge for 10-15 mins if you have the time, melds the flavour. Tastes good right away tho!

Then I just scoop onto wasa crackers or five grain crackers. Sooooo yummy.

another simple one is to mix tuna, lil low fat mayo or miracle whip, chopped onion, fresh or dry dill, garlic powder and chopped celery, salt and pepper to taste, spread on your carb of choice - wasa, bagel, bread, englis muffin and sit under broiler for a few mins, then top with a lil shredded cheese of your choosing and broil til cheese is melt. Squirt a lil mustard on top and munch away.

Both of these are protein packed, low cal and VERY filling. I usually have a side of tomatoes and cucumbers in vinagrette on the side of tuna. It just tastes good together!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I love tuna, and have a few different ways I mix it. Most recently:

1 can tuna in water, drained.
    2.5 tablespoons Chiobani 0% Greek Yogurt Plain
    Several shakes of dill weed
    Celery salt to taste.
    Black pepper to taste.
    Mix mix mix it up

I eat it on either Ak Mak whole wheat crackers, or celery sticks.
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Last night I made a tuna wrap and it was delish (and high in protein!). Really simple to make too:

Ingredients:
    - Canned Tuna
    - Bread/Pita/Tortilla
    - Creamy dressing of your choice
    - Vegetables

1) Mix canned tuna with dressing of your choice (I used tzatziki instead of mayo)

2) Put mixture on to a heated tortilla.

3) Add veggies (I used avocado and lettuce)

4) Wrap and enjoy :)
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    love tuna and love the recipes so far...bump
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    yum!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I pour out the oil from two cans of tuna into a pan. Then I fry onion and garlic in it. I add vegetables, and after they are cooked through, I add the tuna. Then I pour it all over pasta for two.

I also like to add vegetables, green onions, low sodium soy sauce and tuna to Ramen Soup.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump...Need more protein in my life & I like tuna....Would love some recipes to mix it up a little bit...
  • supermum123
    Options
    fry some chopped garlic in a little bit of oil, add some chopped onion, add a little salt. When onion is soft, add a little tumeric, chilli powder, cumin powder and corriander powder, mixed curry powder and some chopped green chilli and chopped fresh corriander, stir until all is mixed well. Then add drained canned tuna. Keep stirring until everything is mixed properly then serve with rice or in a wrap.

you can omit the chilli if you are not keen on hot food.....mmmmmm really yummy!!
  • dmoberg11
    dmoberg11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smithmom531
    smithmom531 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump