My Life Style Change - One Year Down (With Pic)

Options
bcw660816
bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
One year ago today I began my life style change (no more diets!). I am a completely different person today - both in how I look and how I feel. I feel wonderful! And am physically able to do so many things I never could/would, such as recently walking two 5K's. My type 2 diabetes is gone, high cholesterol is gone, and high blood pressure is down from 4 medications to 1. I have lost 157.8 pounds as of this morning's weigh-in and have 72.2 to go to goal. I WILL do it this year!

People ask how I did it. It was all in the way I set my mind to it. This time I WAS going to do it. No excuses, no procrastination, no whining. It was relatively easy to give up all the fast food and unhealthy eating habits. I have found that I absolutely LOVE vegetables, especially broccoli, cauliflower, and squash. I didn't start exercising until I had lost 100 pounds, when I finally felt like I could. I joined a gym. And it is absolutely terrific! I joined a local TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) Chapter as I quickly learned that I needed accountability. I now have a second family with the other members. They all understand where I was and where I want to be. I have been on MFP for about 6 weeks now and am starting to get active in the forums and add friends. I think it is great to be able to get/give support to others. I am basically a lazy person. And I know if I have been able to accomplish what I have anyone, - absolutely anyone - can do this. That used to bug me when someone said that, but I understand now.

Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. :smile:

before-after.png

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!