Can any one recommend a good protein powder?

Options
13»

Replies

• spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just started on Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Chocolate last night and it's awesome especially if you use some almond milk (I just use the regular kind). It mixes in really well and tasted awesome. Two scoops will get you 52 grams of protein and especially the essential kinds you need after a workout.

I second this. I have been using this lately. Tastes pretty good, makes nice smoothies or you can just mix with water, milk etc

i agree i got the chocolate peanut butter man is that stuff good . I also put in 2 tsp of chocolate pudding sf/ ff and let it sit over night and it comes out thick and delish

ps any poo powder can be made to taste better with some pudding and flavors

I haven't got peanut butter yet.
    I have chocolate, cookies & cream, vanilla and strawberry.
    Vanilla and strawberry are my favorites with milk.
    I sometimes mix in oatmeal and peanut butter with the cookies or chocolate.
    It can be found at Wal-Mart.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I really enjoy Bio-X Power Whey Chocolate Peanut Swirl. It tastes like a milkshake if you mix it with milk. It's even good with just plain water.
  • lizrd3
    lizrd3 Posts: 3
    Options
    Are you trying to lean out or bulk up?
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lean out or bulk up?

Lean out!
  • mwcraig34
    Options
    I just started on Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Chocolate last night and it's awesome especially if you use some almond milk (I just use the regular kind). It mixes in really well and tasted awesome. Two scoops will get you 52 grams of protein and especially the essential kinds you need after a workout.

I second this. I have been using this lately. Tastes pretty good, makes nice smoothies or you can just mix with water, milk etc

i agree i got the chocolate peanut butter man is that stuff good . I also put in 2 tsp of chocolate pudding sf/ ff and let it sit over night and it comes out thick and delish

ps any poo powder can be made to taste better with some pudding and flavors

I haven't got peanut butter yet.
    I have chocolate, cookies & cream, vanilla and strawberry.
    Vanilla and strawberry are my favorites with milk.
    I sometimes mix in oatmeal and peanut butter with the cookies or chocolate.
    It can be found at Wal-Mart.

Ok so this one taste good but what are the benefits?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I haven't had too much experience with protein powders! I'm looking to start adding some to my diet any recommendations? And taste will also be a big factor! I don't need 2lbs of poo powder! If it taste bad I will find you and make you drink it!
    Optimum Nutrition products. Made in America and raw materials are not solely derived from overseas companies who don't regulate their raw materials.
    Also great value for money spent.
    I use 100% Gold Standard Whey and Nitrocore 24

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mwcraig34
    Options
    I haven't had too much experience with protein powders! I'm looking to start adding some to my diet any recommendations? And taste will also be a big factor! I don't need 2lbs of poo powder! If it taste bad I will find you and make you drink it!

I use Trutein by Truscience. It has 40% Whey, 40% Micellar Casein, and 20% Egg White with no sugar added.
    23g Protein with Omega 3's as well.

Hook Em Horns!!

Diana

Heck yes! Long horns baby!!!!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I like Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Protein. Banana Scream is awesome. I use it in my banana-oatmeal "pancakes" to boost up the protein. The chocolate is good, too. I'm not big on the Strawberry, but my husband liked it.

For a "meal replacement", I like their Metabolol II.
  • mwcraig34
    Options
    Thanks to all that posted! I have some good suggestions here!
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Nature's Best Isopure Low Carb Dutch Chocolate

220 cals
    50g Protein
    3g Carbs
    0 Sugar.
  • Lorlei25
    Lorlei25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, how about a recipe for those pancakes, please?