Long Distance Relationship

Options
BuckeyeBoi
BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
How do you yall feel about this for it or against?

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    For it! I'm in a fantastic relationship right now with a guy I met whist gaming online. We've met twice and are due to meet again in just 6 days! I live in England and he lives in France. It works well for us :)
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options
    I did it before and it worked for 15yrs, I dont put anything between love and receiving it!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I laugh every time someone asks me '...but... how is it going to work?' and I just reply with 'if you want it to work, it will.' For us, we can't see how it wouldn't work. Of course we'd love to see each other more but we have something far too special to sweep aside just because of a few extra miles.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I don`t see you as my type but thanks for asking. :blushing:
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options

I don`t see you as my type but thanks for asking. :blushing:
    Dang it Carl
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    They can be nice if you can make them work. When I was younger, I couldn't handle it. I felt like I needed to be around that person all the time to feel loved and secure. Now that I am older, I think I could appreciate it more. (will someone send my SO somewhere? just kidding). Sometimes when you are around a person all the time, you tend to take them for granted.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!! Dang it, Carl - you made me snort water up my nose!

I think distance is not a big deal....if you love/like each other, go for it!

Met my best friend online 10 years ago...we only see each other twice or three times a year, but she and I are like sisters.

Had a long distance romantic relationship as well....the distance wasn't the spoiler though.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no. Long distance relationship means no regular nookie, unless you've got mad frequent flyer miles...
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I think anything is possible if you put enough effort into it. All involved would have to really, really want it to work. The distance makes communication all the more important.
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options
    You cant ask someone to have a relationship with you unless you can travel! I m in that position
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am in one and why yes it is very hard there are ways to make it work :) I am so in love with my boyfriend and I wouldnt trade him for anyone. These however arent for boring people you have to be spicy and do what you can with what you have :)

Also-It can not be long distance forever so dicussing plans for the future always helps for motivation.
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options
    I am in one and why yes it is very hard there are ways to make it work :) I am so in love with my boyfriend and I wouldnt trade him for anyone. These however arent for boring people you have to be spicy and do what you can with what you have :)

Also-It can not be long distance forever so dicussing plans for the future always helps for motivation.
    I think you appreciate each other a bit more
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm too demanding and need constant attention to be in long distance relationship. Never done it never will.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm in one. I miss her constantly, and it can be very difficult. I love her so much though and couldn't imagine my life without her.

I think it's important that we hear each others voices everyday. So I always make sure to call her. We talk a lot via text, chat, and skype as well.

I'm interested in hearing what some of you that have been or are in a LDR have done to help make it work?
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    Oh hell no. Long distance relationship means no regular nookie, unless you've got mad frequent flyer miles...

lol....agreed!
  • Celtic_Queen
    Options
    It's certainly possible..but, it's very difficult. And both people involved have to want it very much! There is no such thing as "lightly committed" when you're in a long distance relationship. Either you're in it, or you're not in it. And if you can't communicate effectively don't even bother! My husband lives more than 2000 miles away, and has for the last 3 years due to work. We fly back and forth to visit, but it certainly wouldn't be possible if we weren't 100% sure of who we are as a couple.
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options
    comittment is what it takes and concentration
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I live in America, and I dated a girl in Brazil for about 2 years. It was tough, but for the most part, we made it work well. We managed to see each other about every 3 months on average, and we spent A LOT of time on Skype. :)
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it as long as the other person is willing to work as hard as me to keep it going and make it successful :)
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    ive had one..they are hard and i think you have to have some type of plans to live together in the future, otherwise i think the distance would become too much