Work Husband

Options
13»

Replies

• jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Don't have a work husband or wife for that matter but I do have 2 train wives :P We all work in different areas of the business but are on the same train line. All started when it was home time one day and they were hurrying me to leave by calling my team and telling them to tell me to "hurry up and leave cause his train wives were waiting".

It's stuck ever since then.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I have one. We are best friends. I can't imagine work w/o him. Never ever would it cross any lines. He's married, I'm not.
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My real husband used to be my work husband. :)
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My husband has a work wife. I have never met her and in general, I don't have a problem with him being friends with women. The problems I have with his relationship with the "work wife" is that he first told me she was old enough to be his mother.....later I discover she is just 4 years older than him. Second, on his days off, they are constantly texting each other. The work wife has created issues...to say the least.
  • Wenzday7777
    Options
    i have had several. Where i work they move us around all the time like chess pieces so you get a new one every few months. You still talk to the other ones but when you sit by someone new its nice to get to know them. Some i have remained close to through my 2 yrs here so far. We talk about our relationships and all that good stuff. Its never lead to anything on our ends at work. My husband teases me about them. I also have car pooled alot with different guys and some people have gotten the wrong idea a few times but we set them straight. Most are old enough to be my kids. I am also the work mom and the one in the office with everything you could possibly need or want and been known to give out some great advise
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I had one when I worked. It was nice to be able to vent about work without bringing that extra stress home. We are still friends to this day but don't get together as often. While we were working together we were both married and I am still married. I am sure ppl at work talked because we were so close and spent so much time together but I don't really care. My husband was fine with it and that's all that matters. I will say it was a huge adjustment when I had to quit working. I didn't realize how much we depended on each other as far as venting goes, etc. I haven't seen him since last July I think? We are do.to meet up for lunch or dinner sometime soon. I actually had lunch with his wife and son when he was still married. I can't recall if he's met my hubby but will say mine didn't care one way or another about meeting him as he trusts me.