Ranting, Venting, Fussing

I have been on my weight loss journey now for about a month. I have lost 8lbs. But during this time I have lost and gain, relost and gained again. Today I'm so depressed and down on myself. Last night, I woke up about 11pm and just sit in the kitchen and ate peanut butter right out the jar and reheated potoatoes from Taco Bells. I don't know why I even did it. I wasn't even hungry.

I have this "Spring Gala" on the 28th. I can fit in my dress, but I want to be "THA BOMB" in my dress. (LOL) I just can't understand why I'm allowing my self to take two steps forward and four steps back. Last year around this time I had two months to lose weight for a vaction to Virginia Beach. I started out @ 154 and got down to 136. If I did it than why can't I do it now? I just feel like screaming!!

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    We all have our "moments of weakness" and that's okay! You have to pick your self up and step back on the right path...the one where you see the new you!! You can do it!

And by the way...8lbs in a month is great accomplishment!! Way to go!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    8 lbs is fantastic! But I do know what you mean and how you feel.

I've got my brothers wedding in May and I so want to look better than I have in YEARS when I'm there...just blow them all out of the water....

i SO want to.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    Well one thing for sure...being this is a lifestyle...these moments will come...Not sure of anyone that was able to stay at one weight number...BUT...Good thing about it...You did it...and now Refocus, regroup, and push forward to getting into that HOT DRESS...You are so worth being happy and doing what you want to do for your body!! Don't beat yourself up...It's Life....Continue trying over and over and over again..if thats what it takes..but never give up!!!
  • Hi!! I read your post and I TOTALLY know how you feel. I've been trying for over a year to lose 40+ pounds. I weighed 172 when I started...AND I'M 5'4.5"!!!! Ridiculous!! But, I found a program that really works. I'm a nurse so, I'm a total skeptic when it comes to weight loss crap....but I did a TON of research on this program and I felt good about it...so I did the numbers in my head and it worked out to $7/day. I spend more than that on LUNCH every day!

Update: I have lost 22 pounds in 17 DAYS!! My waistline has gone from 42" down to 31.5" and I FEEL GREAT!! I am still eating 1200 carbs /day and I'm not "hanging out in the bathroom all day!" I have a TON of energy and I'm back into my size 10 clothes!! I was in 16-18 size clothes!!

You can do this...don't give up and don't quit...You can do it and if you need any help- I"ll be your accountibility buddy!!
    Good luck!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Hi hon... Boy, do I ever relate to your post!! I was stalled out for several weeks. After the first couple of weeks, I had dropped a lot of weight so when I went back at 6 weeks for a weigh in to find only .5 pounds gone... Oh did I ever break into tears.
    If you are 8 down overall, that's what counts. Weight fluctuates with all sorts of things, which is why I started weighing IMMEDIATELY after my morning pee, straight out of bed. It's after you void but before you eat, before you get swollen running around all day... And doing THAT, I see a consistent loss.

I do step on the scale randomly and I have been up and down too but I just remind myself that I'm still better now than where I was.

Feel free to add me, and I'll try to be the best support I can!!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    Do you have a gym near you with a good weights section? I started the New Rules of Lifting for Women and saw big changes with in a month, especially around my waist and back - without starving or taking any weird supplements or shakes. :o) You can do it!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Hi!! I read your post and I TOTALLY know how you feel. I've been trying for over a year to lose 40+ pounds. I weighed 172 when I started...AND I'M 5'4.5"!!!! Ridiculous!! But, I found a program that really works. I'm a nurse so, I'm a total skeptic when it comes to weight loss crap....but I did a TON of research on this program and I felt good about it...so I did the numbers in my head and it worked out to $7/day. I spend more than that on LUNCH every day!

You spend more than 7 dollars per day just on lunch??? Maybe you need a financial program too. I fed my family of 7 for less than that last night. :huh:
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    Hi!! I read your post and I TOTALLY know how you feel. I've been trying for over a year to lose 40+ pounds. I weighed 172 when I started...AND I'M 5'4.5"!!!! Ridiculous!! But, I found a program that really works. I'm a nurse so, I'm a total skeptic when it comes to weight loss crap....but I did a TON of research on this program and I felt good about it...so I did the numbers in my head and it worked out to $7/day. I spend more than that on LUNCH every day!

Update: I have lost 22 pounds in 17 DAYS!! My waistline has gone from 42" down to 31.5" and I FEEL GREAT!! I am still eating 1200 carbs /day and I'm not "hanging out in the bathroom all day!" I have a TON of energy and I'm back into my size 10 clothes!! I was in 16-18 size clothes!!

This post has been reported for spam. I am sure that airforcesinger is a sweet lady, but she's been spamming the boards trying to sell the Xyngular weight-loss plan.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member

This post has been reported for spam. I am sure that airforcesinger is a sweet lady, but she's been spamming the boards trying to sell the Xyngular weight-loss plan.

Xyngular weight loss? Is that like Soylent Green?