Options

Replies

• E1Diabl0
    Options
    My PR is 14:58.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Still to break 19 minute mark after 2-3 months of trying. 19.21 my best time. If anyone has any speed training tips, most appreciated....
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My fastest has been 33 mins....First time I ran in 35 mins..Still trying to hit the 30s mark...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my fastest since getting back into shape is 39:48 but i'm still doing a fair amount of walking (around 50%) so hopefully by the time i can run it completely (4 weeks hopefully) i can be around 33 minutes. i'm running on an indoor track so the surface is pretty easy and flat

from there i'm hoping i can decrease time by 10% by beginning of august.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    This may come across as a really foolish question, and I'm really sorry if it's been covered already, I'd normally do a search but am still recovering from this morning's run :)
    When doing timings for 5k, do you include the warm up and cool down time too?
    I use map my run occasionally, and have done both ways, and have always wondered which was the set way to do it. Cheers.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    This may come across as a really foolish question, and I'm really sorry if it's been covered already, I'd normally do a search but am still recovering from this morning's run :)
    I use map my run occasionally, and have done both ways, and have always wondered which was the set way to do it. Cheers.

i time it the same way i would a race. i would warm up before a race and cool down afterwards, so no i dont include that time. my 5k time is my "work" time meaning the time it takes me to get to the finish line as quickly as possible
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think that is great for a first time race. My first race time was 33 minutes. I then did the Spartan Mud Run 5K ( with obstacles ) in a time of 45 minutes. Running is OK but these mud runs are amazing and so much fun!

did you find it hard work? are you generally fit? have signed up for a similar one in 5 weeks and am to say the least bricking it!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options

i time it the same way i would a race. i would warm up before a race and cool down afterwards, so no i dont include that time. my 5k time is my "work" time meaning the time it takes me to get to the finish line as quickly as possible

Thanks,I thought this was prob case, but just like to know.
  • Mrskkk
    Mrskkk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've only really started running 5k on treadmill to start off,
    1st attempt: 37.20mins
    2nd attempt: 36.37mins
    Hoping to get it down to 35mins on treadmill then start practicing on road when
    Weather warms up slightly, one day hopefully 30mins I would be very happy with that.

I'm 22, 5ft 2in, 152lb & not very good at running :)
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I've never run a race but have done 29:30 during a normal run. I started C25K in November.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My first Spartan Run was over 1.5hrs, it hadn't been very well thought out and we queue for nearly 30min at the first obstacle (and then there were another couple where we had to queue but probably for less than 5min)!!!
    Road running PB on a 5k is 36min 33sec (timing chip), trail running (with hills and the grass at the beginning kills me) is 42min 23secs, saying that I done The Might Deerstalker run, which is billed as 5k (ish) (read over 5miles), it took me over 2hrs to do, the hills in that were brutal, done in 6inches of snow and you could only go as fast as the person in front of you on the hills because they were single track (and again there were bottle necks at 1 point of the hill where you were actually clambering up the hills).
    It does depend on the event, if you go to a small event organised by the local running club I'm normally towards the end (or last), if you go to a big event that's got thousands of runners you'll be middle of the pack.
    I always think of it as it doesn't matter if it's a 5min mile of a 25min mile, it's still a mile:)
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    28:43 pb
  • Joseb214
    Joseb214 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hell yeah dude that's slow, I run cross country for my high school and I run 5K in 17minutes easily. Although I get killed in state and regionals /: just keep running, make sure that if you're a beginner , to start with small amounts of miles per run (without stopping) start with 2-3miles a day, find your pace! Add a mile every month.
  • ViperAlexHusband
    Options
    23:04 is my PB. Trying to work towards breaking 20:00
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5K a week ago in 30:54.
  • TheOneandOnlyPanda
    TheOneandOnlyPanda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't run a stand alone 5k in a long time but my last sprint tri 5k time was 25:06
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    New PB on Saturday of 25:57. And then twisted my ankle on Sunday, so no running for a while :-(
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I just did a 5K trail run this weekend 30:53 (9:58/m pace). I don't really run longer than a half mile on a flat track, so I don't really know. It was just a local race and I don't consider myself a runner (more of a hiker) but this put me at 2nd in my age group for this course because it was up and down a mountain.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Takes me about 40 minutes and I hate every single minute of it.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Takes me about 40 minutes and I hate every single minute of it.

I can relate! :laugh: