How do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• breza262
    breza262 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    As long as you are consistent with scale and time of day/clothing, it should accurately give you a read on how much you are losing. I weigh myself every single day, when I first get up. If I'm a bit up from the previous day, it tends to keep me on track even more for the day. If I'm down even a bit, I record it.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    While I have a scale in the bathroom that I use every morning, I use the shipping scale at the company warehouse when I swing by there for work for my "official" myfitnesspal weight.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Once weekly (Friday morning), after I wake, pee, no liquids/foods, naked ... try to be consistent with the once weekly and not worry about day-to-day fluctuations.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after bathroom, no fluids or food, naked. Just be consistent

This.... I am now down to where I weigh on tuesdays and fridays every week. I would do it everyday, but weight can fluctuate so much day to day depending on so many things and I found myself being obsessed.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Every Monday morning at 5:45am. I feel that if I weigh myself all thru the week in can mess with my mind some.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after bathroom, no fluids or food, naked. Just be consistent
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, in the morning on an empty stomach and I also make sure its the day after my rest day so my results aren't influenced by retained water in the muscle tissue that can happen post workout. Works for me.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    I go to the gym 6 days a week. I work only 3-4 days a week but don't always have time to weigh myself, being that it's work and all.

Looks like I should invest in a good bathroom scale to get that nice naked morning weight. :)
  • cookierinthia
    cookierinthia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning and sometimes before I go to bed and usually in the buff, sometimes with my night gown on, it depends.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    First thing in the AM- Naked after I have used the restroom, before drinking anything- usually twice a week with bath room scale
  • cookierinthia
    Options
    I agree.
  • cookierinthia
    Options
    I agree.
    Once a week, Every Monday morning at 5:45am. I feel that if I weigh myself all thru the week in can mess with my mind some.
  • TamekaJ1
    TamekaJ1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week before I eat or drink anything. Every Thursday morning with a digital scale.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    I used to weigh at the gym but then became convinced their scales are retarded. I then began weighing at a Rite Aid in my town (this way I could check my BP too) but this to me became way to tedious (the Rite Aid with the scale is way across town and our little town only has 2 Rite Aid stores...lol). I then invested in a bathroom scale but it wasn't digital and I realized I would need to weigh while on my hands and knees to read the results. From here I invested in a cheap WalMart, digital scale but I am now convinced it is the distant relative of the gym scale and it somewhat retarded, at the least. I am now back to weighing at Rite Aid again...first thing in the morning, no breakfast, no coffee, in my work out clothes and barefoot (I wear flip flops to Rite Aid so I can toss them off real quick then switch into my tennis shoes when I get to the gym).

SOOO COMPLICATED I KNOW!

OMG! LMFAO. I bet Rite Aid workers know you by name, hope you buy something while there to make it worth the trip. :)
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    Once a week. Doing so more often you set yourself up for more disappointments. Also when you weigh yourself less often you are more apt to be happier when you lost that 1, 2 or 3 pounds. Making it more exciting to get weighed on your weigh in days.
    Scales also are different and no two scales will weigh identically. Pick a method /scale that you feel to be most accurate and stick with that for your main source of information. Going from one to another will get you frustrated.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Weird. I also weigh naked in the kitchen. There's just something about putting your scale there that reminds you to eat fantastically.

I also weigh daily, but I don't record it. Also, sometimes I step on the scale after eating, drinking a huge amount of water or a bathroom trip just out of curiosity.
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options

THIS
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I walk across bridges of varying capacity and if one collapses, I take note of the posted weight limit. Just kidding. ;-P

Generally, Friday mornings after my bio break and with few clothes on in the bathroom on a scale.

Cheers,

Sean
  • rjingalls
    rjingalls Posts: 18
    Options
    digital scale at my house, every time I walk past it haha.

edit: lol at collapsing bridges^
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have a regular scale so I use my Wii Fit Board to weigh. Then it tracks my weight for me. I've compared it to my Dad's scale when I go home to visit and it seems right. And of course I weigh first thing in the morning with light pajamas on, usually after using the bathroom, before eating or drinking.

^^ This :happy:.... oh and I've switched days multiple times. used to do Saturday mornings, then Mondays when I did a March challenge and now I'm doing Wednesdays so that the fluctuations from different weekend habits can't skew my results!