Cardio your main form of exercise? read.

Options
13»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I do is cardio(: I just run and walk and bike... no gym membership or anything(;

I've only been running for a few months, but my legs are mega toned and - actually wasn't expecting this - but I'm getting muscles on my arms (just little ones, but hey! a little's better than none(: ) I guess it's because you hold your arms up while your run(:

I'm young so I'm not too worried about trying to get mega toned, and I'm not really worried about being 'skinny fat' right now. If I lose the weight and I need to work on toning, I will, but right now cardio's all I need(:

Depending on what type of biking you do, you could be building up your arms that way. Mountain biking, for example, will definitely tone your arms.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    Running and dog walking. I do a little on the exercise machines when I do my strength training at the gym, but that's about all I can stomach at the gym. I don't do cardio classes.

I run 3 x 30 minute sessions at the moment and probably walk the dogs on average 5-6 hours a week. The running will eventually increase.

The way I see it is that I have to be doing something I enjoy and I'm never going to enjoy the gym as much as my runs or spending time with the dogs. I do the strength training because it helps with my goals, but unfortunately I'm not sure if it will be a long term habit that I adopt. Is my lifestyle more active now? You betcha, more than it ever was. But I'm mindful that realistically the running and walking is what will remain long after the gym.

Wow, looking at what some people do, I actually do very, very little. :o
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I don't really like cardio. It is like a bridge to nowhere for me. So I do 3-4 workouts in the gym a week with half weights half intervals and try to get in a walk or 2 during the week.
  • PessimisticPatricia
    PessimisticPatricia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like to do strength training throughout the week, but I spent 3-4 days at the gym doing cardio. The majority of my cardio comes from taking spinning classes! I am completely addicted. For me, nothing makes me sweat as much as 45 minutes in a fun spinning class. Not to mention, the music is awesome!