100 Push Ups June

Options
124»

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hey guys- I'm on week 2 level 2 of the push up challenge. I am also on week 2 level 3 of the squats challenge. I finished day one yesterday. I am going to do all 6 weeks. I love it!!!!!! Have a great day everyone! Cindy :heart:
  • katealim
    katealim Posts: 45
    Options
    This sounds like a fun challenge. I just checked out the website and am looking forward to doing my initial test sometime tommorrow. Somehow I think that could be quite humbling...we shall see.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Well, here's the deal gang--

I love pushups-- but this program sometimes gives me fits--

Week one is, like, 6,4, 6, 6, 7--

By week three, with only really 6 days of pushups, supposedly-- you're in the high teens and 20s--

Oh my-- don't think so--

I'm doing pushups just about every night-- 3 sets of at least 10-- that's gonna have to do it for me--

Yeah, I know, Dave-- wimp.

But you can't even call me that-- 'cause you're not here-- :tongue:

OK the part to Dave was funny:laugh: Glad to hear you will keep up doing push ups! I don't think you're a wimp at all. I'm sad I won't see you here but I'll still get to see you other places:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    Options
    Today was week 6, day 2, level 1
    sets 1&2 14
    3&4 15
    5&6 14
    7&8 10
    9 at least 44 and I did 44 without a break:drinker: That makes me feel like I'm progressing!

Happy Push Ups:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    Options
    I did not want to do these today. Some days are like that. But I did them and now I feel good!
    Week 6, day 3, level 1
    sets 1&2 13
    3&4 17
    5&6 16
    7&8 14
    9 at least 50. I did 50 but I needed a break:grumble: I don't care how long this takes me. I might end up being 90 years old still working on this challenge but I will keep working at it:wink:

I hope you all have a great weekend
    and:happy: Push Ups
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey Keiko--

I've been doing four sets of 10 'bout every night-- last night I was pooped so I just did one set of 20, some crunches and hit the hay--
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Keiko, You are doing great! You will get there! Are you doing them on your knees? I can't remember.

I'm coming up on my one year anniversary next month or in August. I can't remember that either. I made it through once. Now I am going deeper and boy does it hurt!
    Week 2 level 2 day 1 (I am sure I will be repeating this level)
    11(min11)
    Took longer breaks and compromised my form on the last set. I will be back on Wednesday.
    MM
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I know it's kinda late in June to be starting but I was hoping I could join in! I checked out the site and did the test over the weekend. It looks fun, and good for me since I don't have a gym membership. Today was Week 1, Day 1, Level 1 for me which is:

Sets 1 & 2: 6
    Sets 3 & 4: 4
    Set 5: 6
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Welcome ucaminax! This is challenge has been going on since like July of last year. Maybe August. Each month we start a new thread, so it's never too late to join! It's nice to see a new face in the bunch!
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was on vacation last week, but I still managed to pushups two days while I was gone. I finally finished up week 3 on level 2 today.

22 (min 21)

It is still really hard, and I had to pause during the last set, but I didn't drop to my knees and I did finish. Now I need to decide whether to continue to week 4 on level 2, or repeat this week on level 3 or 2 again. Decisions, decisions! :tongue:

Welcome to the new faces! Marla, I understand what you mean about the program - there is no way that most of us can progress as fast as it suggests. But I just keep on keepin' on. :smile: Keiko and MM, you are doing great!
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    thinking of joining, but don't know if I can handle it!:tongue:
  • keiko
    Options
    Hi MissMessy! There are a lot of days I don't know if I can handle it!:laugh: Look at it this way. Everyday day that you do them no matter how many it's still making you stronger.

I've been so mixed up these last few weeks:grumble: doing them only 2 days some weeks. Not testing. I finally tested yesterday and could only do 37:grumble: But that's still 37 more than I could do before:smile: So I'm going to drop back down to week 5 level 2.

I'll check in tomorrow with how that goes:wink:
  • ucaminax
    Options
    Hey all,

Today was Level Two, Week One, Day Two for me. It was MUCH harder than the first day, it seems like the schedule expects A LOT more progress after one day. I could barely finish the 4th set, and collapsed at #6 in the fifth set, thogh I diid rest a few seconds and get that 7th one in. My form wasn't great either. But looking at the posts here, it sounds like I'm not the only one. So, should I continue with day two of week one until my form is good and I can complete all the sets? Or should I do day 3 even if my form isn't good or I need more breaks, then just repeat week 1 next week? Or just continue going through the set schedule, even if my form isn't great or I break it into more sets? Any advice is welcome:happy:

Set1: 6
    Set 2: 8
    Sets 3 & 4: 6
    Set 5: 7

Thanks!
    Kate
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Week 2 level 2 day 2

Kate, you can do one of two things: You can stay on day 2 until you feel like you can move on, or you can go ahead and see how many you can do on day 3, then repeat the week again. It's which ever you feel more comfortable with. I have usually tried to finish out the week and then did it over again.
    See you all Friday!
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate,

I have seen folks do it both ways - repeating the same day until you can get through it without falling, or finishing out the week and then repeating the whole week. I usually finish out the week and then repeat. Weirdly, I often find that I can finish day 3 even if I missed some on day 2. If day 3 really doesn't work for you, you might consider dropping back to level 1 for a week and then going back to level 2. It is important not to get too hung up on progressing through the weeks - this is hard for me because I want to feel like I am 'getting somewhere'. I went through the whole program and eventually made it to 100, but I started compromising my form around weeks 4-5 (only going about halfway down) because I got frustrated at not being able to progress. Now I am going through the whole program again without compromising my form - and it has been slow going! But that's OK. Each time I am able to get through a day or a level that I struggled with before, I know I am making progress. Stick with it! :flowerforyou:
  • ucaminax
    Options
    Thanks MM and CP005e! I think I will try to finish the week, then probably repeat it depending on how I feel Friday. I even got my husband to do the challenge, too :bigsmile: I'm amazed CP005e that this is your second time doing this challenge! You must have some strong arms/shoulders/back!

gotta go-baby crying :grumble:
    Kate
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Righto I have decided that I will start on saturday, this my son who needs more strength for swimming:noway:

Hope I can do more than 3:laugh: