What did you eat/drink before MFP but now it grosses you out

Options
Is there something that you loved to eat or drink all the time before you changed to your new healthy lifestyle? You know, that "thing" that you just couldn't live without??? But then it clicked for you. You decided enough was enough and you were going to make a commitment to yourself to lose weight, get healthy, and make exercise a regular part of your daily life. One day, you decided to treat yourself to what you used to eat or drink routinely, but when you tried it, you could hardly stomach it.

My former love which now grosses me out is Southern Sweet Tea (and I'm a southern girl!). Eeeekkkk!!!!! Another thing that makes me feel sick is ground beef with a 75/25 fat content.

My how times have changed! What's your former love that now grosses YOU out??? :noway:

Replies

• april3888
    april3888 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pop!
    I used to just crave it for the fizz. Now I NEVER drink it at all and I find that when I do, it just taste WAY too sweet for me. Like straight syrup. YUCK!
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same......Me and my fiance use to go through a gallon of sweet tea a day....I fixed him a glass earlier and I took a sip and I just about spit it out!!! WAY TO SWEET!!

CRAZINESS!!!!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I used to loove me some mountain dew. Now that stuff is just ridiculously sweet. It's all water for me now. :)
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I want. I haven't dropped anything.
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Chickfila! Burgers & Fries...fried chicken (eww)...basically anything fried. Once a yr I eat fried shrimp and I usually ask myself "why did I do this again?" b/c I can't even taste the shrimp!
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Haha, nothing for me. I try to eat most things in moderation.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Flamin hot Cheetos and Hormel Chili. Yeah, i know, but I ate what I could get dented at the grocery store. LOVED that stuff.
  • lovesweetlove
    Options
    poptarts
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hmm, the recent disappointment of girlscout thin mints comes to mind.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Soda. That's pretty much it, honestly. Once in a while I will steal a sip of my hubby's Sprite, but that's only ever when I have nothing else to drink. (Like in the car. lol) And it still grosses me out! But at least Sprite is one of the lesser sweetened sodas. :tongue:

I used to love deep fried food as well, but I find it very hard to eat without getting seriously ill anymore. Fried chicken though... that's something I will never give up entirely. I'm planning to have my MIL make it for my birthday this year! :laugh:
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hmm, the recent disappointment of girlscout thin mints comes to mind.

I have a box in the freezer...I eat a few cookies a couple times a week. The only thing I really don't indulge in as much is soda (not that I really drank it all that much before mfp). For me it's all about moderation.
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I still love it all.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Cheetos.. they just look gross to me. They're all orange and just.. gross looking.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Fast food burgers...especially after seeing the "pink slime" video!
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    diet pepsi---used to drink at least a 2 liter bottle a day
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I used to drink sweet tea all the time....and now, i feel exactly the same way as you.....WAY too much syrup....leaves a film in the mouth with is just absolutely disgusting! I also used to LOVE ice cream. now, if i eat it, my stomach goes into overdrive and i cramp the whole night through. I know what my body needs, and I know what my body wants. It's two totally different things. I rather feel good about myself, than to cave in to temptation and feel sluggish about myself. I don't ever want to feel bloated ever again. This is such a great topic and I loved reading everyone's posts! and I have to say to everyone....keep up the great work!!!! :):)
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I woud say Mountain Dew and french fries. While I still occasionally have both I either get a smaller size, drink less, or substitue say chili if going to Wendy's. It's all about moderation now and keeping to your daily cal limit.
  • Lady_who_Lunches
    Options
    Wine, ok I will have a glass now and not the whole bottle. Just not worth the 700 calories :)
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I still eat the same things. lol
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's vegetarian sandwich. It just too fatty now. The avacado just feels way too rich and makes me gag a bit. It sucks because when we work through lunch at my job they order us free JJ sandwiches. I've told them to just forget it because I just don't enjoy them anymore and don't want to waste 700+ calories and 20+ grams of fat on something that I don't like anymore.