Married or not you should read this...

Options

Replies

• heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That whole read really made me feel so much better about being single. Phew!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. Have a great weekend.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    WOW
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    So contrived.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I like cheese.

^^this..bought a tear to my eye. I like cheese too.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    This is really good...fiction.
  • only2bfit
    only2bfit Posts: 44
    Options
    I wish my parents woulda read this... their divorce is final in a couple weeks :/
  • Nanamo2012
    Nanamo2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nice read, got me thinking !
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The bloke in the stories a wanker!!
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    I have read this several times...and I still read it. Brings tears to my eyes each time and definitely gives me chills. I love this <3
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The little things really do matter.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Wow. Some people are really missing the point of the entire story.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    totally beautiful..Ive been with my BF for over 11 years..a lot of times we get so caught up in our daily lives that we need to re-connect.

Thank you for this reminder!!
  • sprfly
    sprfly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    8c4a067d-628e-4ecf-8a15-d68297ac0fc4.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I feel a tear running down my leg.
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    They sure are.
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    They sure are.

Agreed!!!

The point is for married men (in my opinion) to value the woman you chose to spend your life with. She might gain some weight, she might not look exactly the way she did when you first laid eyes on her, but she is more valuable than any amount of gold. Take nothing for granted, take time for intimacy (not simply sex), and no woman no matter how beautiful you think she is, no matter what you think she is giving you that your wife isn't, that OTHER woman will never love you the way your loving wife does.

Have you ever seen the Tyler Perry movie "Why did I get married"? It's the 80/20 rule, your spouse will give you 80% of what you are looking for if he/she loves you. If you "trade" that spouse in for a new model now you have someone who'll give you 20% of what you are looking for.

80 is much better than 20.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    The point of the story is to evoke emotion, not to be critically analyzed.

Husband might be a douche, but so is the wife. Really, dying from cancer, didn't tell anyone?
    Are you for serious?
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Husband might be a douche, but so is the wife. Really, dying from cancer, didn't tell anyone?
    Are you for serious?

Agreed my man. That is what i get from this story. Get the moral of the story. Its the little things in life that are most important, but always the easiest to forget because seem so insignificant.
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Are you for serious?

Sure I'm serious. Being a married man for 21 years most of them happy I can understand IF this was a true story (I'm reasonably sure it isn't) why she'd not tell him she had terminal cancer.

1. He would have felt guilty and probably stayed with her while STILL having an affair

2. Their son would probably have a HORRIBLE opinion of the father because after she died he likely would have IMMEDIATELY moved in with "the other woman".

3. She didn't want sympathy from a loveless husband, she wanted her last days recreating intimacy for the legacy of her marriage.

4. Because of his actions with the other woman.... he didn't deserve to know.