Options

Replies

• HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I cried. Sweet read.
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The point of the story is to evoke emotion, not to be critically analyzed.

Husband might be a douche, but so is the wife. Really, dying from cancer, didn't tell anyone?
    Are you for serious?

Sure I'm serious. Being a married man for 21 years most of them happy I can understand IF this was a true story (I'm reasonably sure it isn't) why she'd not tell him she had terminal cancer.

1. He would have felt guilty and probably stayed with her while STILL having an affair

2. Their son would probably have a HORRIBLE opinion of the father because after she died he likely would have IMMEDIATELY moved in with "the other woman".

3. She didn't want sympathy from a loveless husband, she wanted her last days recreating intimacy for the legacy of her marriage.

4. Because of his actions with the other woman.... he didn't deserve to know.

I'm certain by your response, that your definition of LOVE is the one that goes, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...."

I don't doubt that this story was made up or dramatized in any way. But who cares?!? I love the message of it, and feel kinda bad for people who hate what the message stands for.
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    I heard this story in church aboot 4 years ago and it has stayed embedded inside my head ever since.

Especially when she left me.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I've read it before, and I hate this guy...he's pretty pathetic actually.
    I get pissed every time I read this.
    I know right? How could you not know if your wife had cancer? wouldn't you know about her Dr. appoints or something and wonder what the heck is going on? The wife should have said something too. I think she could have been wanting to punish him for wanting the divorce and that's why she kept her mouth shut.

So glad, my husband and I have a great relationship.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Schmaltzy.
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    this is why Im never getting married... imma be a happy old lady :D
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Aww :sad:
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    I read this same story in Portuguese and Spanish. Made me cry in all languages.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Too many words! I lost interest after the second paragraph. :noway:
  • karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    awww so sad!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Fake but still proves a point. I mean c'mon Jane... Could of thought of abetter name lol
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Now I'm sad, thanks OP :(
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Soooo Jane is on the rebound:smile:

Lol.
    The glass is half full.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The first time I read this, I cried...reading it again and it still brings a tear to my eye.

9821387.png
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I've read this before, but I must be emotional tonight because i cried.

It's a good reminder.

I cried too.....
  • Plump2Pump
    Plump2Pump Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So contrived.

Agreed but I didn't wan to be THAT person lol.
  • josiebarboza
    Options
    Thanks for the post. It made me realize how much we forget the little things. Over time we become to comfortable in our relationships and we forget what brought us together in the first place. Some times you just have to relive the moments that made you fall in love to know that the feelings are still there. I am engaged to the most wonderful man in the world and never thought once about leaving him. I know for sure I will be with him for the rest of my life but it is nice to remember what brought us together.
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've read this before, but I must be emotional tonight because i cried.

It's a good reminder.

I cried too. :(
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think it's a beautiful story. Haters gonna hate.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    lol at the Its Contrived and its bs stuff

Thats what this type of literature is, suppose to be a moral story.

No I don't think it is a telling of why you should keep a broken marriage. It is a story of taking a second chance at re establishing that broken marriage.

To often in these times people take the easy way out of commitment with their lives. Instead of taking a second look it is much easier to just give up and move on. There was a reason why you fell in love in the first place, that reason didn't change you just made excuses at that point.

It is kind of interesting because in real life I have a friend who's wife was slowly dying, their relationship had deteriorated long before her illness and they had a daughter. He continued to support her and make her feel loved. On the day of her death, she told him "I know we really don't love each other, but I thank you for giving me love" she passed away and he was over her death reasonably quickly but he stuck it out for his daughter and for the health of his wife. The person he cared about at one point in his life and respected enough to show that love even though he was no longer "in love."