my fitness motto--what's yours?

12346»

Replies

• ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Well this is pretty much my motto in everything i do, including fitness... "do Sh&% only others dream of..."
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    I'm really a sweet quiet person, but I curse at myself a lot when I'm working out. So my mottos are:

Shut the *kitten* up and quit whining you little b*tch (when I lift)

Being tired is not going to kill you, stop being a p#&@*! (when I run)

And one of my favorite quotes is from Patton - "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    isn't mine but when i'm about to give up on a couple of last reps i think to myself of a more determined guy doing those 2 or 3 extra reps. I think it's Arnold's
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    I'm really a sweet quiet person, but I curse at myself a lot when I'm working out. So my mottos are:

Shut the *kitten* up and quit whining you little b*tch (when I lift)

Being tired is not going to kill you, stop being a p#&@*! (when I run)

And one of my favorite quotes is from Patton - "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

Stole this last one : I like your others too, lol.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,719 Member
    Failure will never overtake me, as long as my will to succeed is strong enough!
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Technically Confucius' words, but I take them to heart in life in general, along with one of my mum's sayings.

"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Don't wish for it... WORK FOR IT!!!
    Thank you Blessedmommy_2x - love this one, and am using it from now on. :smile:
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    "SHUT UP AND SQUAT." *kitten* TO THE GRASS!
  • "If you cant sacrifice for your dream, then its not your dream"
    (for a dream the sacrifice is trivial)

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom"
    (when you've lost the motivation and feel like you've given up--what you do to change it is all that matters)

"Discipline weighs an ounce, regret weighs a ton."
    (should motivate you to get it done--don't cheat yourself out of a workout)

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly"
    (envy spurs disdain..don't listen to them)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    please explain this one...
    "I owe this to myself! The pain goes away; the fat remains!"
    I don't want the fat to remain!!

I also like:
    KEEP GOING! That pain you feel? That's fear melting away like wax off of a candle. That's weakness washing out of your pores like a monsoon. That's the OLD you being shed away like dead skin. That's the NEW you, rising out of the ashes of your former self.