How Do You Quit Soda???

Options
124»

Replies

• bfdc51
    bfdc51 Posts: 1
    Options
    Body by Vi has a product called "Go" which has "some" caffeine and "Neuro" to add to water, which help in the "energy" and "brain" department. To get healthier, feel less tired, less stressed, AND lose weight OR gain lean muscle...try their ALL natural shake mix for 1 to 2 meals a day.
  • agriffitts85
    agriffitts85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    how i got off pepsi was i make homemade sweet tea. its a gallon of tea at a time made... boil 6 tea bags, in about 5 cups of water, add it to 2 cups of sugar then pour in the boiled tea, then finish filing the gallon jug with cold water shake it up well, and enjoy... it worked for me, i drank a lot of that at first, then gatorade, and water... so it was the amount of the sweet flavor for me... goo dluck in finding what works for you
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This is my second week of no coke and it has been tough, especially since my husband keeps buying them for himself. I actually feel way better physically but I have been really on edge and kind of emotional and I am pretty sure it's because I am missing the coke. I know that it is not good for my teeth but I have been drinking tons of ice water and chewing on the ice and it kind of makes me feel less stressed. For now though, that is better than the soda, but now I have to quit chewing ice...
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone so much for your words of advice, only a diet soda and a pepsi next today ha-ha tomorrow hopefully I wont need two sodas in my diet. My mother drinks it as much as me and she is set in her ways otherwise i would ban it from the house!!!
  • lacensuch
    lacensuch Posts: 36
    Options
    Man oh man was I addicted to diet Pepsi! I will admit it. I had to quit cold turkey. It look me a week to lose the cravings and now I imagine my innards are thankful that I am adding lots of water to my system. I feel much for doing it. I wish you the best of luck in whatever method you use to cut back or quit soda if that is what you want.
  • coronamommy
    coronamommy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree...cold turkey! I gave it up for lent and feel so good now that I'm not sure I'll go back. Good luck!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    After whining about dumping my diet soda for ages I just sucked it up and did it.

It helped.

I went cold turkey. I take green tea pills and that seems to have prevented caffeine withdrawal symptoms for the most part.

Yesterday I had a little regular soda and it was fine. The only reason to cut it out completely is, I think, if you have real problem with self control where it is concerned.

Honestly though I have problems with Aspertame so that is why I reluctantly gave my diet soda up. Do NOT replace regular soda with Diet. It just won't work out well in the long term.

I LOVED Pepsi Throwback which is sweetened with plain old sugar. Unfortunately they didn't really keep it around long and so as per usual its got corn syrup in the regular stuff. Bleh.
  • rnctipton
    rnctipton Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    One of the hardest things I ever did. I still have an occasional non-diet soda, but cut way back. I just always made sure I had fresh ice water with me instead of a pepsi. That was also my favorite. Couldn't stand the diet taste. I slowly cut down to just one a day & was happy with that for a while. Then I tried different diet sodas. Still don't like most. Diet A&W is my choice right now. I can tolerate it. I also have bought Pepsi Next and drink it when I really crave a regular Pepsi. I think the biggest key was keeping water with me, not Pepsi. Pepsi used to be my all day long sipping drink. Now water is! And soda is usually just once a day, if that. Caffeine withdrawal can be awful. Make sure you have Tylenol around (if you can take it). The headaches are the worst, but eventually subside. Best of luck to you!
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i agree with cold turkey.. i used to have at least 4 litres of coke a day, and i had to give up cold turkey. i wont lie, it took me probably 4 tries in like 2 years to fully quit, a few months off, a few months on, a few months off etc. the first time i quit, the headaches were absolutely unbearable. i was like an evil witch. it was unbelievable how quickly the headache went away as soon as i had a coke. but then i got a month or two under my belt, and then perfect, no problems. then i'd think, i can have a random one, i'll be ok, and get addicted all over again. this happened a couple of times.
    i went to the dentist back in december and he scared the crap out of me, and i just stopped. no headaches, no nothing. i had some the other day because i was seriously hungover, and the taste made me feel even worse. i've finally gotten to the point where i dont actually like the taste of it, which i never thought i would.
    anywho. i suggest cold turkey. if you need motivation, just google whats in soft drink and what it does to your teeth and insides :) lol good luck
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 2-4 liters of pop a day. I would wake up and get myself a glass of pop and drink glasses of pop throughout the entire day. While most people keep a glass of water on their nightstand, I had a glass of pop!
    I quit cold turkey. It was hard the first couple weeks- but, I drank an enormous amount of water and honestly, it really helped to kill my cravings for pop.
    Now, pop tastes awful to me. I had some last month, and I ended up dumping it down the drain.
    It's hard to give up anything you're addicted to, but it's worth it when you do :)
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    My sweetie used to drink a lot of cokes but rarely does now. He says what he would recommend is dropping down (not quitting cold turkey), like from Pepsis to sweet tea to Gatorade or Kool Aid. Do what works for you.. you know your body better than we do!
  • Kimwalker1969
    Options
    Ok I USED to drink diet pepsi like it was going out of style. I haven't had one since Dec 31, 2011. 3 full months for me is crazy. what you do is take it one day at a time, just like anything. To curb the craving for pop I would drink crystal light energy & also a ton of water. Drink more water, but when you are craving that "sweet" try a crystal light or green tea or something along those lines. It's more getting it out of your system at first. Just like smoking, it's an addiction ( I quit smokeing 2 packs a day 14 years ago) Just one day at a time :)
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My "drug of choice" was Coca Cola. I started by not buying any for the house. I would only have a soda if I was out eating. Then I required myself to drink a glass of water for every glass of soda. Then I went from caffeinated to caffeine-free sodas. The next step was to juices, tea and water. Then to tea and water. That is where I am now. Mostly green tea (unsweetened and water). I do drink a soda occasionally, but there is no longer a craving.