Flabby Arms After Weight Loss?

Options
So, I noticed after so much weight loss I got flabby upper arms. I'm only 21, I don;t want flabby arms... it makes me hard to wear short sleeves or to lift my arms without them. I'm even too paranoid to put my hands on my hips because of the flab. Is there any exersizes for the arms that can help with this? I do have 5 pound dumb bells to work with. Has anyone else experinced this or something similar?

Replies

• LifeLongJourney
    Options
    Anyone? :(
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Try incorporating Tae Bo Cardio Sculpt into your workout routine. Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc. should sell it. If not, Collagevideo.com or Amazon.com. It will be cheaper on Amazon. Maybe your local library has the workout.

Preview the workout on Collagevideo.com. You might want to get a set of smaller weights, because you might find 5lbs to be too much for this workout. Check to see what you can handle.

http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=5969&reviewstart=21#reviewstart
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you can, trade those 5 pounders for some heavier weights and do some tri-cep extensions, kick backs, bi-cep curls, rows, shoulder presses.. all will help build up the muscle in the arms.

Make sure you get enough protein too.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Lift heavier, and incorporate upper body workouts, like pushups, pullups, and things like that, along with cardio to get the rest of the fat off, and it'll help.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Forget about those 5 lb. super light dumbbells, they won't do anything for your muscles. In order to have a toned look, you got to lift HEAVY weights. Or if you don't have access to it right now, you can also use your own bodyweight like push-ups, pull-ups, tricep chair dips, bicep dips.
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Your skin has a very good chance to tighten back up especially with your age. You need a structured resistance/weight training program. Do you workout at home or prefer the gym?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    double post sorry :embarassed:
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • AZackery
    Options
    I don't believe in lifting heavy and I never will. I know what a 5lb dumbbell or smaller can do to my arms.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    You really should have been lifting all along. Starting to lift now might help, but I don't think 5lbs will do much. Get some bigger weights.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Your skin has a very good chance to tighten back up especially with your age. You need a structured resistance/weight training program.

This. Heavy lifting is your best bet. That abs time and hopefully you'll see enough improvement to feel comfortable.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I truly believe in lifting heavy I have been working on increasing my weights for my upper limbs especially my triceps and I can say that I'm slowly seeing results :)
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    Lift heavy, low reps. Lift as heavy as you can with proper form. Providing you go to the gym tricep extention, tricep dips, skullcrushers, bicep curls, alt hammer curls, barbell bicep curls, one arm dumbell rows. Most of those you can do at home as well. Google tricep and bicep exercises.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I don't believe in lifting heavy and I never will. I know what a 5lb dumbbell or smaller can do to my arms.

You don't believe in lifting heavy? Really? Why is that? Have you ever actually tried it.
  • AZackery
    Options

You don't believe in lifting heavy? Really? Why is that? Have you ever actually tried it.

I don't need to do it. I know my body and what's good for it.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Well op I suggest you look at the pictures of the responders and decide who you want to look at. Then take that advice.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Well op I suggest you look at the pictures of the responders and decide who you want to look at. Then take that advice.

Looks can be deceiving. The OP can do what she wants to do. She's looking for suggestions and everyone gave her their opinion.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I have seen hundreds of women change their body compositions dramatically by starting to lift heavy. Many of them used the New Rules of Lifting for Women. (NROL4W) I highly suggest you check it out!

Some of those successful women are in this very thread and have given you the same advice.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I just spat out my greek yogurt laughing :L
  • maruxf
    maruxf Posts: 39
    Options
    Forget about those 5 lb. super light dumbbells, they won't do anything for your muscles. In order to have a toned look, you got to lift HEAVY weights. Or if you don't have access to it right now, you can also use your own bodyweight like push-ups, pull-ups, tricep chair dips, bicep dips.

^^ This!!!

Start lifting heavy. Those five-pounders won't do anything for your arms. Your age helps; at 21 your skin is super elastic.

I'm 31 and my arms look better than ever...I lift heavy 2-3 times a week. At first I felt like I was dying, then I saw the changes and didn't care about the pain anymore. ;)