How is Eating more and losing more weight working for YOU??

Options
1235»

Replies

• irisheyes42us
    Options
    I'm trying to do the same thing; eat more to lose. Can anyone tell me how to update MFP so that you can eat more than 1200 cals? I tought it would be in settings but I'm not seeing it there. Thanks MFPs! :huh:

GOALS, CUSTOM, CHANGE.
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    I used to weigh 140 pounds, I had an old MFP and upped my cals like everyone said from 1200 to 1600 NET and I gained 17 pounds in 6 months. Yes I was exercising. Now i'm stuck at 150 trying to get to 125 still. :( I rejoined recently to give it another go. Right now my net averages 1300-1500. I still feel it's way to much. I'll weigh in on the 15th and if I'm up again i'll bring it down to 1000-1200 Net.
  • Luvlymonee
    Options
    Bump
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    When I up my calories it doesn't seem to work for me. So, I don't understand how it works for others. I want to eat more. 1200 is not enough for me.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I am still in the "trial" phase. Im 4 weeks in to upping my cals and my weight has still basically stayed the same. After following the Eat more to lose group's advice, I am holding on for another week or so to see what will happen. If the weight doesnt start to move down, I have no idea what to do next..
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Bumping this and coming back later to read.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've had three RMR tests done (indirect calorimetry) over the past two years and have averaged about 2050 calories, which is before exercise. My RMR according to MFP is 1700-something. I eat around 1700 and try to eat at least 80% whole foods (gluten and sugar free for the most part) and I feel great. Any less than that has had the opposite effect for me.