RUNNERS!!! How far do you drive....

Options
124»

Replies

• Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    In general 4-15 minutes either close to work or home. BUT I have driven an hour and a half to check out the route for a race - and ran part of it...
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If we're talking races, that's a whole other story. My first race was the Disneyland 5K, which is a five hour drive. Well, it was seven that night, after traffic.

The next two races were both in San Francisco, along the water. One was right up the Embarcadero and the other started in front of the Exploratorium and continued north from there. So those were each a little over an hour away. And my half marathon on Sunday is also in SF, I'll be running back and forth across the Golden Gate Bride as part of the course.

Actually, all of my currently planned races are San Francisco or Disneyland. I definitely choose races based a lot on view. The courses around the South Bay Area are all sorta meh.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am pretty lucky to live in an area that has trails right out my front door. We have what is called the Green Circle and it is a 26.2 mile loop that is mainly trails and the occasional residential area!