so when you look at an average Joe and he tries to get with you
right away do you think i can do way better and not give him a chance
or you listen what he has to offer

do looks play a big role in your relationship

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Looks...yes. But even more so, personality and compatibility.

When you find the one my dear, you will know.
  • tiffjeff69
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in giving someone a chance to have a conversation so that I can see what kind of focus they have. I learned a long time ago that looks only get you so far. I was in the military for almost 10 years and I know well enough that those pretty features can become disfigured in the blink of an eye...sooo to sum it all up I WILL TAKE BRAINS OVER BRAWN ANYDAY :wink:
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Couldn't said it better myself =)
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Average? average is good.. I'm not expecting someone to walk in looking like vin diesel (;
    Lol & if he has a great personality that's even better. Most girls aren't that shallow..

I like average guys. If I had a guy that was perfect, high maintenance I probably couldnt keep up..
    We'd be on totally different pages.

Besides It's all about the chemistry baby! (well,mostly) lol
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    Personality before looks. BUT I do believe there has to be attraction as well.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself and my friends I know, but generally we go for the "average joe" type guys. One of my friends said she goes for average looking guys because the "good looking" guys tend to be jerks. For me, If the guy has a good sense of humor, is respectful, and fun to talk to, I automatically find him attractive regardless of his "average" looks. When I first meet a guy, I pay more attention to how he carries himself and what "vibe" I get from him than what his face and body looks like.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Can thisguy make me laugh? Did he approach me confidently or drop a stupid line?
    Of course looks do come into play, but it's a mix of looks and personality
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    A great attitude definitely makes even the most average looking man super sexy!! Looks do play a role, but it is all about being comfortable with the person you are, and knowing that the person you seek isn't going to be above you, and you surely aren't going to be below.... afterall, you can't truly love anyone properly, unless you love yourself first.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The first thing that attracts me is looks and sense of humor. He doesn't have to be the hottest man in the room, but some attraction is very important. After that personality makes or breaks the connection.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ahhh ... yeah ... it makes a difference ... real talk ... if i aint attracted to what i see ... well ahh ... :wink:
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Do you Mr. Average Joe give the woman that just walked with a flat behind but giving you the eye the time of the day?
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Looks, yea they play a factor. Personality, compatibility, humor, brains, etc are the deal breakers. Personally I know know a couple "hott" guys that should never talk because they just instantly because ugly and unbearable.
  • robiney
    robiney Posts: 15
    Options
    I care most about sense of humor and morals. I feel like no matter what the guy you're talking with looks like, you can end up finding him attractive as he reveals himself to you! I love funny guys. I want to laugh a lot every day for the rest of my life, so that's way more important to me!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Do you Mr. Average Joe give the woman that just walked with a flat behind but giving you the eye the time of the day?

:laugh:
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Couldn't said it better myself =)

/\ This!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    aesthetics matter.

ambition matters.

intelligence matters.

personality matters.

If someone "scores" really well in one of those areas but not the other three? Nope. So if the average guy approaches me at a bar, I might let him buy me a drink. I might chat with him for a bit. But I'm already looking over his shoulder at the gorgeous 6 foot beautiful man with the slightly disheveled business suit playing pool with his buddies.
    If he has all the other three things going on, then he might win me over. but i'm sneaking a peek over his shoulder to see what he tips the bartender, i'm calculating the cost and effort of his wardrobe, and i'm listening for clues that he might live at home with mom and dad and not know what it's like to have a job.

I'm not a gold digger. I don't care if "my man" doesn't spend one dime on me as long as he still finds ways to let me know he's interested, etc. I'm not shallow, I don't mind if his friends are hotter than he is. And I'm not looking for someone to take care of me. I just want to know that
    a) he doesn't feel entitled to life's luxuries.
    b) if he's going to a bar with the intent to meet a girl, he has most likely spent an hour or two in the bathroom in front of a mirror trying to acheive just the right blend of "yeah. you know I'm sexy" and "who, me? I woke up looking this good". So if he walks up to me looking like he's worn the same clothes for days, i'll pass.
    c) if he lives with mom and dad, they had better be ill and guests in a home he owns. or he should be holding down a job and school and taking advantage of mom's cooking. I can deal with that at my age.
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I don't care how good looking a man is, if he has a rotten personality, it makes him ugly. Give me an "average joe" that can make me laugh and has a genuine spirit, over the hottest man on earth, with a totally crappy attitude, any day.
  • josiebarboza
    Options
    Of course looks matter but not as much as personality. I personaly used to be the girl that only wanted the super hot guys but found out really quick that they are usually way over confident in them selves which makes the hotness fade away so fast. I have to have a guy that cares about me as well and is not alway concerned about himself. I would rather have a man who is not so hot with a great personality than a jerk with a nice face.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in giving someone a chance to have a conversation so that I can see what kind of focus they have. I learned a long time ago that looks only get you so far. I was in the military for almost 10 years and I know well enough that those pretty features can become disfigured in the blink of an eye...sooo to sum it all up I WILL TAKE BRAINS OVER BRAWN ANYDAY :wink:
    ^^^ This, exactly!

And tiffjeff69, thank you for your service. :flowerforyou:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    if he can make us laugh we dont realy give a $&(% about the rest