June Amazing Amazon Thread

Options
Good morning!!
I thought I'd start a new thread for this month so we can keep up with each other. I went to a great pilates class this morning and got a killer core workout--the movements are so little but so effective!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their week so far. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    bump! :flowerforyou:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Post from the other thread:
    Question:

On one of my workout dvds the instructor said something about taller people having more difficulty doing certain exercises...in particular ab exercises because our muscles are longer.......

I know my abs/core strength is terrible......

Do you think there's any truth to what she said? Anyone else struggle with their abs? Or am I just looking for an excuses for my pathetic ab workouts? :tongue:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]

I found this ab work out on Self.com: http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2005/12/hand-weights-and-stability-ball-abs-slideshow

I love it! I do it in the morning before work. It may look lame but the first exercise is REALLY good. I've never had trouble getting my abs toned but I favor strength training with free weights and stability balls which really helps stengthen them. Now, just to be clear, my abs are toned under a nice layer of fat and before I started training without machines, I had pathetic abs too because CRUNCHES ARE LAME!!!

Thanks for the link!....I don't have enough room for a ball :cry: Some of those look TOUGH!

Maybe I should get a ball anyways and use it for guest seating :smile:

You should! I have a huge sectional but everyone still sits on my exercise ball because it is more fun. :laugh: Plus if you want to feel less lazy when you are watching tv, you can sit on it because it makes you sit up straight. See, mulitpurpose.

New Post:

So I always get a snack around 830a. This morning I was walking to the restroom at 840 and realized I hadn't eaten it yet. By time I got back to my desk, I felt like I was STARVING. Does any one else get that? You realize you haven't eaten like you normally do and all of a sudden you're really hungry?
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    So I always get a snack around 830a. This morning I was walking to the restroom at 840 and realized I hadn't eaten it yet. By time I got back to my desk, I felt like I was STARVING. Does any one else get that? You realize you haven't eaten like you normally do and all of a sudden you're really hungry?

Yes, and it makes me wonder how much of my hunger is actually just in my mind, you know?

Also, I tend to get hungry like an hour after I've eaten breakfast. I think it's because my metabolism has been jump started for the day, but I still don't feel like I should eat again!
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Yes, and it makes me wonder how much of my hunger is actually just in my mind, you know?

Also, I tend to get hungry like an hour after I've eaten breakfast. I think it's because my metabolism has been jump started for the day, but I still don't feel like I should eat again!

half of my hunger is in my mind for sure.......boredom plays a big part....especially at work :blushing:

If there is a dull moment I'll fill in the gaps with food. terrible. watching tv at night is a big problem for me too.....I love snacking.
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Here's the link to the original thread with all of our stats...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/54859-amazing-amazons-new-group-for-tall-ladies
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join!!!! I am a tall lady and am always looking for others! I might be a little different from the rest of you tall ladies, for different reasons...like I used to be the great weights that you all are!!!:) But now I am heavy so that it even looks odd on me while I am tall! You know what I mean!?? and the other difference is, I am 5'10 (or so) and I married a man that is 5'3 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :blushing: I know i know not typical, but all the tall men that I dated were all wrong for me!
    So i would love to join if you all want me!:bigsmile:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    So I tried to move my post from the other thread to here but you all are too quick! :laugh:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Mind if I join!!!! I am a tall lady and am always looking for others! I might be a little different from the rest of you tall ladies, for different reasons...like I used to be the great weights that you all are!!!:) But now I am heavy so that it even looks odd on me while I am tall! You know what I mean!?? and the other difference is, I am 5'10 (or so) and I married a man that is 5'3 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :blushing: I know i know not typical, but all the tall men that I dated were all wrong for me!

Welcome! The more the merrier!

5'3" eh? I've always wondered what that would be like :blushing:

31345.png[/url]
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

All my serious relationships have been with men shorter than me, though not by that much. When my mom saw a pic of me and my current boyfriend, she said "You're finally dating someone taller than you!" which he isn't. The pic is just from a weird angle and I'm barefoot so he looks way taller.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options

Welcome! The more the merrier!

5'3" eh? I've always wondered what that would be like :blushing:

31345.png[/url]

IT is great, i always dated the men tall guys, I don't know why... But the funny thing about my husband and I is that we have 2 little girls 1 Is almost 7 and is Tall, long skinny legs, and very slinder (basically everything that I was growning up) well my 5 year old Is short with athletic muscle chunk thighs and has a round little body, totally different from my older girl!!! So they can't hide for the height thing!!!:laugh:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll join. I'm 5'10" and weigh so much, I don't want to say, but have decided to take the bull by the horns this year and feel like I'm off to a good start. Mary
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    Maybe I'll join. I'm 5'10" and weigh so much, I don't want to say, but have decided to take the bull by the horns this year and feel like I'm off to a good start. Mary

Don't be ashamed of the weight I weight 230 right now! now I would have never ever told anyone that!!!! but I don't mind, I know it is going away everyday! I weighed 289 and lost 69 pounds in a year..... it does go away, not fast enough most of the time, but I am proof that it does!:bigsmile:
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Whoops--- I just posted in the other thread and then saw this one... Oh well, just thought I would say hello to my fellow tall ladies!
  • hjeubanks
    hjeubanks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies! I am 30 years old, 5' 11" and roughly 225 lbs. I was 170lbs when I graduated high school oh sooooo long ago and was able to maintain it up unitl I became pregnant. I gained a whopping 70lbs those nine months and haven't been able to lose the 40 or so pounds of extra baggage that I wasn't supposed to gain. Oh, and I've been fighting that battle for about 6 years now. My weight is a yo-yo and I lost 20lbs about 3 years ago, only to gain it all back...only to lose 20lbs last summer and then gain it back in about a 6 month time-frame. :sad:

I have two or three downfalls: I took a new job about 9 months ago that requires me to drive about 90 miles one way to work...three hours a day sitting in my car bored mindless and starving on the way to work and on the way home!! Also, my husband does most of the cooking and he actually makes my plates for me...giving me HUGE portions and I can't let anything go to waste, so I clean my plate...and my daughter's. I also tend to binge when I get home from work...if I haven't eaten anything on the ride home. Doesn't matter, whatever I can get my hands on and then into my mouth (slices of cheese, chips, leftovers, pickles...anything!) and eventually ending up on my hips.:grumble:

I signed up with Curves in January and work my tail off 3-5 times a week burning over 500 calories, but haven't seen much improvement. I think I'm going to go on hiatus from there and go back to walking 3-4 miles per day with some push-ups and crunches and swimming/playing in the pool. It's what worked last summer! :tongue:

Good luck to everyone and stay crazy!!
  • ntminter
    ntminter Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow, I am such an ammature...Ok, here I am, tall, overweight and excited about this thread. I was married to a man that was 6'4" and he had an affair so I went right on back to the father of my children who is exactly the same height and weighs 136 on a good day...very much a swimmer's body. Hmm, he loves me no matter what...so now I understand "real" love. K

How do you post your ticker with every post?

218737.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    Wow, I am such an ammature...Ok, here I am, tall, overweight and excited about this thread. I was married to a man that was 6'4" and he had an affair so I went right on back to the father of my children who is exactly the same height and weighs 136 on a good day...very much a swimmer's body. Hmm, he loves me no matter what...so now I understand "real" love. K

How do you post your ticker with every post?

218737.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

go to myhome, then profile I believe then there is a list and pick the one that says something signature, then put in the code and there ya go!:)

WELCOME:flowerforyou:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies! I am 30 years old, 5' 11" and roughly 225 lbs. I was 170lbs when I graduated high school oh sooooo long ago and was able to maintain it up unitl I became pregnant. I gained a whopping 70lbs those nine months and haven't been able to lose the 40 or so pounds of extra baggage that I wasn't supposed to gain. Oh, and I've been fighting that battle for about 6 years now. My weight is a yo-yo and I lost 20lbs about 3 years ago, only to gain it all back...only to lose 20lbs last summer and then gain it back in about a 6 month time-frame. :sad:

I have two or three downfalls: I took a new job about 9 months ago that requires me to drive about 90 miles one way to work...three hours a day sitting in my car bored mindless and starving on the way to work and on the way home!! Also, my husband does most of the cooking and he actually makes my plates for me...giving me HUGE portions and I can't let anything go to waste, so I clean my plate...and my daughter's. I also tend to binge when I get home from work...if I haven't eaten anything on the ride home. Doesn't matter, whatever I can get my hands on and then into my mouth (slices of cheese, chips, leftovers, pickles...anything!) and eventually ending up on my hips.:grumble:

I signed up with Curves in January and work my tail off 3-5 times a week burning over 500 calories, but haven't seen much improvement. I think I'm going to go on hiatus from there and go back to walking 3-4 miles per day with some push-ups and crunches and swimming/playing in the pool. It's what worked last summer! :tongue:

Good luck to everyone and stay crazy!!

I have a suggestion. I'm a bored eater too. Sometimes I have a particular mouth feel I'm craving (i.e. I want the FEELING of eating cake. Weird I know.) but most of the time I just want to chew and chew and chew. I have two things I go to for those times: popcorn and gum, especially gum. When I have gum in my mouth it easier not to snack.
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Awwww all you ladies with lovely boyfriends/husbands is making me so jealous!

I'm a single lady (for awhile now..:grumble: ) waiting for my special someone to show up....

In the past most of my boyfriends were either an inch shorter, exact same or maybe an inch above...I think only 1 was significantly taller....but obviously none of the them worked out :tongue: ...most are married now....i am the female version of "Good Luck Chuck"...haha

31345.png[/url]
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wow, some great conversations flying around in here! My hubby of 7 years is 5'9", an inch shorter. It's never bothered either one of us... he actually encourages me to wear heels... is that weird? :laugh:

When we were kids, my parents didn't believe in tv, so they kept a thousand piece puzzle in progress all the time. So last week, I went to wally's world and bought one, and it is really helping me with bored eating. I have it on the kitchen table, and probably spend a couple of hours a day altogether messing with it.

I lost 2.8 lbs this week... I'm really happy about that!

Welcome to the new gals! :happy:
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awwww all you ladies with lovely boyfriends/husbands is making me so jealous!

I'm a single lady (for awhile now..:grumble: ) waiting for my special someone to show up....

31345.png[/url]

Don't wait around for him to find you, girl!!! Go out and find him! Met my hubby seven years ago on Match.com-- We've been married for three years now! By going on Match I was able to essentially "man-shop" and find one that was perfect for me: right height, similar interests, HOT... :laugh:

Edit: tried to post a picture, but apparently you can't do that here??:huh:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/riverrat619/Random/wed.jpg