Running With Items?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wear my CamelBak in case I need water (I don't even notice it anymore). It has a small pocket to carry a debit card (just-in-case). I haven't felt the need for any beans/Gu yet, but I just hit a distance PR of 9 miles today. My phone goes in an armband. I'm addicted to my Endomondo app.

I also wear my RoadID bracelet for emergency purposes. I highly recommend it. http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    On long runs I run with a fuel belt. http://www.fuelbelt.com/ The belt has elastic straps that hold water bottles and you can attach a small pocket to carry other small items. So on long runs I usually bring fluids, Gu, chapstick, and Aleve.

I also have that fuel belt and loved it.

I always bring 2 bottles of water, my ipod (if not trail running), and usually my cellphone and car key in my fuel belt pocket when I go trail running. During the winter time, when the weather is around -20C (-4F) or below, I will put vegetable thins in my fuel belt pocket, but no water. It will freeze anyway so I make sure I'm well hydrated before leaving.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I've never taken a phone on a run! Far too heavy!

You should! i had a friend who sprained her ankle on a run and no one would give her a lift. She had to walk five miles home and had to have surgery bc of the damage walking afterwards caused. always always always keep a phone on you
  • andreahuffmon
    Options
    I bought a Nathan Trail Mix Waistpack at a local running store when I started training for my first half marathon and find it extremely useful. For short runs, I carry water and maybe a camera (I have captured some beautiful sunrises). For long runs, I carry GUs (using the shockcords), phone, tissues, chapstick, and key (all in the large zippered pocket), and my ipod (in the front mesh pocket). After I take my GUs during the run, I stash the empty packets in the mesh pouch with my ipod. Since I need more than 20 oz of water on my long runs now, I stash unopened water bottles along my route. If you dont need to carry water, spi belts are a great non-bouncy way to carry small personal items (hence the name).
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Anything over 6 miles I wear a hydration belt with a pocket that carries two water bottles, $5, my key, a couple shot bloks, and ID (just in case).
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I have a runner's pack that has water bottles on each hip and a small pouch. In the pouch I put my iphone , a $5 bill and some honey stinger chews. :)
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    lots of good info here!