What is your weigh in routine?

Options
13»

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday. I get up, do my long cardio, go to the bathroom if I have to, take my measurements, then tentatively weigh in..
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've had to convince my husband to hide the scale from me. I literally weigh myself everytime I go into the bathroom, for any reason. It brings endless disappointment. I don't know why I do this when I know how much weight fluctuates throughout the day.
  • rescueisnotamyth
    rescueisnotamyth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I bought my own scale so I wouldn't have to keep taking my mom's.
    Usually I wake up, lounge (aka check Facebook) for 10-15 minutes, get up, pee, strip, and weigh. I log the weight, then continue getting ready for the day.
    I weigh daily because it reminds me to eat carefully throughout the day. I know the numbers on the scale can be inaccurate, but I still beg them to be lower every morning. Even if I only see a tiny difference (or no difference) I am satisfied.
    I weigh myself throughout the day sometimes, too. Just to see what I'm weighing in at after eating and such.
    Most nights I weigh myself because it makes me giggle to see how much I lose over night from water and everything.
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm trying to weigh in once a week, but I find that I do it habitually every day after going to the bathroom when I wake up. I'll only log it if I am a lower weight than I was before, haha :)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I weigh in every Thursday, except when it's the third Wednesday of the month, then I weigh on that day. (I go to a weight loss clinic and I see the Dr associated with them once a month to get my blood pressure and check my progress to make sure I'm actually losing) I try to always weigh between 11am and 1pm. I do eat breakfast since I have morning medication that calls for food, but I make sure my bladder and bowels are empty before I go. I always shower and wear relatively the same thing since I know what those clothes weigh and I want as accurate a reading as possible. And I always try to make sure I'm not still retaining any fluid since I work out Monday and Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday and I can end up with swollen fingers and ankles from it.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    This week I started weighing in almost every day and I like that so far. I need to be more aware of trends, how different foods effect me, etc. Plus I was forgetting a lot, then I would be really disappointed if it had been 2-3 weeks and the scale wasn't down a few pounds. I hope that by doing it almost every day being up or down a few ounces or pounds won't matter much as long as the overall trend is down. Once I'm in maintenance I might cut back if I think I am getting obsessive or it is otherwise effecting my quality of life and how I feel about myself.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    lol@ shave and cut toenails to get rid of weight!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    every morning...but i only really look at the weight once a week. I'm really looking at body fat, muscle %.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Ughm yea I'm obsessed...

I weigh after my morning shower, when I get home and before I go to bed .. but I only record Saturday mornings.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Morning after a rest day. Wed.

Allows fluid levels to adjust so consistent there.
    Allows muscle water retention from lifting before rest day to subside, no artificial inflation there.
    Allows glucose/water stores to be topped off, so consistent there.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    Every Friday. I don't own a scale. I weigh myself every Friday right before my personal trainer makes mince meat out of me! This is after breakfast and at least 2 cups of water too. But it's worked so far. next week will be 1 month of weight loss. So, I'm happy.

I could weigh myself daily at the gym, but I find that kind of discouraging and might let me think I can cheat if I see a low number, I'd rather be anxious and thinking all week that my number won't go down and I better keep eating healthy and exercising so that when I step on the scale for my weekly check-in I've had an improvement.
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after I use the bathroom.
    I have 100 more pounds to lose, so weighing in everyday helps to keep me motivated and helps me keep track of my progress :)
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I recommend weighing before AND after using the bathroom. What? I do it.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    everyday after cardio, reduces water retention swings.