Help with what to have for breakfast

2»

Replies

• I eat 2 eggs and a yogurt with a tall glass of water.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    And don't think you have to eat "Breakfast foods" at breakfast!! Leftovers (or as I like to call them- Planned Overs) are a great first meal of the day, too!!

Why is everyone so hung up on goatmeal and eggs for breakfast? ;)
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    I have banana pancakes that someone on here posted. 1 mashed banana mixed with 3 egg whites. I mix in cinnamon and truvia. Spray a pan with cooking spray and cook over medium. Make 2 pancakes. Top with fruit, yogurt, peanut butter, or strawberries and cool whip. Yum!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    My favorite breakfast is oatmeal cooked in almond milk with a scoop of protein powder sometimes. I top that with berries and peanut butter. Sometimes I'll make it with half a banana whipped in while cooking and top with the other half in place of berries. It keeps me for a while before I get hungry again.

This sounds yummy and similar to what I do.... but what brand of protein you use?
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    I have banana pancakes that someone on here posted. 1 mashed banana mixed with 3 egg whites. I mix in cinnamon and truvia. Spray a pan with cooking spray and cook over medium. Make 2 pancakes. Top with fruit, yogurt, peanut butter, or strawberries and cool whip. Yum!

Never heard of this but sure sounds yummy! Gonna have to try it:smile:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    sweet... i used to love museli / oatmeal before i was diagnosed. oh well :)
    Ah, I'm sorry! >< I always forget the oatmeal part when considering people with celiac's. I knew someone who would eat that on it and I guess it just stuck with me.
    Big egg scrambles with lots of veggies cooked in and fruit is another go-to breakfast for me. It's pretty filling (well....mine are huge..)

Bob's Red Mill (it think that what it is called) makes gf oatmeal.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    My favorite is 4 egg whites scrambled with 1/2 green bell pepper, 1/4 onion, 1/2 a small potato and black beans topped with salsa.

cut up all your veggies. Cook up your potatos (they take the longest to cook), add your bell pepper and onion. drain a 1/2 a can of black beans and rinse, until they are all cooked up the way you like, add your egg whites and scramble everything together. Top with cheese. You have a meal that can last you for hours. Sometimes I don't eat all day when i eat this, and I am a nurse and work 12 hours shifts. It really fills me up.

And there is a group of use gluten free people here too. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/129-gluten-free
    Check it out.