Has anyone tried running in the reebok toning shoes...

Options
13»

Replies

• 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't listen to anyone's recommendation for one particular brand/model that's "the best". The best running shoe varies from person to person. If you want to minimize the risk of injury when running, do yourself a favor and go to a running store (not a general sports store, like Academy). They can analyze your gait and landing and recommend "the best" shoe for you.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Right first of all yes im a man the thing is im a size 6.5 in a trainer and I tried apair of of these trainers I swear by them ive bought 3 pairs already im an xproboxer and I know all about road workI train run and box in these trainers simply tone if you're having problems it means you have not done alot of road work you won't too ask me anything. i was 18st 2 when I started wearing them now im 14st 9lbs best trainer and good comfort having trouble trying too get hold of simply tone in a black and gold in a size 7 help
    Anecdotes aren't evidence. Talk to any orthopedist (professional doctor for muscle/joint/bone injuries) and they'll tell you that shoes like this aren't ideal for running.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    And there have been studies that show no fitness benefits from wearing them. However, if you like the way they look and feel, go for it, but understand that you're not going to get "toned" by wearing them, and may actually be at risk for injury.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of the reebok toning shoes, the kind that tone ur legs. Its not the arch kind like sketchers. they have balancing pads on the bottom. I was just wondering if anyone has ever ran in them cause i would like to wear them to the gym tonight but dont want to not be able to run. Any imput is great :) Thanx

ALSO ADD ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

No, but I did buy some Shape Ups a few years ago. Incidentally, I just got a check for my portion of the class action lawsuit against Sketchers.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Get Reebok ZigTech shoes. My girlfriend and I both got a pair and they are easily the best and most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Turn in your man card. LOL
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I wear those all day for work, but I would not run in them.

I only wear the shoes I was fitted for when I had my running gait analysed when training.
  • scottgobuck
    scottgobuck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    if you are going to run go to a running store and have them check your gait and get fitted for a good pair of running shoes, its well worth the time and money, if not you will be hurting big time. Running willl tone your legs the right way, I started running 3 years ago and wish I would have had someone give me advice on what to buy and wear
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    They make my butt look too big....
  • mrsriz16
    Options
    There is a bit of a difference between the simply tone and the easy tone shoes from Reebok. the easy tone are filled with air and are designed to create instability. The simply tones are cushioned with foam and are more stable.
  • littlelauras
    littlelauras Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of those. My feet never hurt so bad. From my toes to my hips, everything was in pain. My toes and feet were constantly numb. I got a pair of regular Reebok running shoes. What a difference it made.

This is what I was going to say! I can't wear them for longer than ten minutes because they make my feet numb!

I thought I must have tied the laces too tight, but even walking around the house with the untied my feet were tingly and numb. Waste of money!