weight is a number, not a health status.

Options
2»

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Incorrect.

it's not everything, but to some it does matter.

You're not someone who can tell others what does and does not matter to them and their goals.

... moose?
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Tell that to my doctor.

well according to the scale and BMI, I am morbidly obese. according to the skin fold calipers, I have 10% body fat. I eat bacon and eggs every day for breakfast, steak 3x a week, fish and chicken every day. My cholesterol is a 3:1 ldl/hdl ratio. about as perfect as it gets.

a younger doctor will know a lot more about what is actually healthy than a doctor who graduated med school in 1960. high fat, high protein diets are the cure for what ails you.

This is correct. Alot of Doctor's go by the same old diet rules. They think we're all made from cookie cutters, and that we all should fit one mold! WRONG!!!!
  • sheppuh
    sheppuh Posts: 39
    Options
    Pretty sure he's referencing stuff like the BMI and those who aren't experiencing health problems from obesity. Definitely agree though. Body types (and mainly muscle mass) aren't really taken into account.
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Found this interesting regarding calipers

Skinfold-based body fat estimation is sensitive to the type of caliper used, and technique. This method also only measures one type of fat: subcutaneous adipose tissue (fat under the skin). Two individuals might have nearly identical measurements at all of the skin fold sites, yet differ greatly in their body fat levels due to differences in other body fat deposits such as visceral adipose tissue: fat in the abdominal cavity. Some models partially address this problem by including age as a variable in the statistics and the resulting formula. Older individuals are found to have a lower body density for the same skinfold measurements, which is assumed to signify a higher body fat percentage. However, older, highly athletic individuals might not fit this assumption, causing the formulas to underestimate their body density.
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i think you should relax and know what youre talking about before you start babbling.
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yea I don't like to see numbers on my scale, I go by how my clothes fits me.
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

All he cares about is his steroids.
    [/quote]

i think you should settle down, and maybe inform yourself a bit before you decide to babble.