Opinions on Boca Burgers

Options
So I have never tried a veggie burger ever and I am not picky with anything. But I wanted to know what people think about Boca burgers?

Replies

• OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    My favorite are the "chicken" patties. I'm also not that picky, so I'm fine with all of the veggie burger options. They are not like a real good juicy burger, but for a quick fix they are tasty.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love veggie burgers but do not like boca burgers.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Boca Burgers, I need to buy some!! I actually liked them. Granted, it's not a juicy burger, but I think they satisfy the craving.
  • mamaparks87
    mamaparks87 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think there are better burgers out there...try sunshine burgers or amy's burgers. I love the taste of both those brands and they have a lot of varieties to pick from.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I'm a garbage disposal...yet I still can't get myself to like these burgers. If you're looking for meatless alternatives, I personally prefer the morningstar burgers :)
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    love them lol i have one almost every day >.< stayed away today though!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    boca burgers are really tasty

i don't know the health benefits, but they taste great
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    They are awesome!!

Really, I love burgers and they're probably one of my weaknesses, so I was really skeptical when I first bought them. They taste just like any other burger, but because they're made of soy, they're not greasy. I love it. I put mine on the Forman for a few minutes and put cheese and pickles on it, it's about 250 calories with the bun and everything included. Totally worth trying.
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There are much better veggie burgers than Boca brand. If you want a soy burger patty, go with morningstar farms grillers. If you want more of a veggie patty, I love Amy's. There's a variety of styles, but they're all filled with nuts, grains, and veggies.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    LOVE them!! I prefer the Flame Grilled. And I love mustard, so I put a lot of mustard on it. Not sure what kind of diet you are following, but a slice of pepperjack cheese on there (without the mustard) YUMM!!!!

Oh, and I will slice some tomatoes. Have 1/4th cup of cottage cheese with a 1/2tsp of dried ranch dressing mixed into the cottage cheese...DELISH!!!
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I think they are very good, but the Original can be kindof bland. Anything with a little something more than "Original" is a good place to start. Their Spicy Chik'n is particularly yummy. I do suggest that you don't form your opinion after just trying one type. MorningStar is another brand. I would try around before deciding if you like veggie burgers in general or not.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I remember eating those when I was younger because my sister when through a vegetarian phase. They were good; my veggie burger was smothered in ketchup, though.
  • djohansen
    Options
    I think black bean burgers taste better than boca burgers.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Boca's Spicy Chick'n burgers are the BEST. Sauteed in a bit of oil.
  • Seahawk27
    Seahawk27 Posts: 72
    Options
    I prefer the Morningstar Farms Grillers myself.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think there are better burgers out there...try sunshine burgers or amy's burgers. I love the taste of both those brands and they have a lot of varieties to pick from.

completely agree. i'm a longtime vegetarian & actually find boca burgers to kind of be grossly meat-y
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    by the way, sunshine burgers are my favorite, if given a choice.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat them all the time. I also like the chicken the best and for burgers I prefer the grilled one. But I buy bulk package at Costco so always have some in the freezer. I often heat one up, chop it up and have it in a tortilla with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and sour cream for lunch. I also top with reduced fat swiss or provolone and mushrooms and have on a sandwich thin. I like them a lot.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    They are good, but not great. I'll eat them if I'm going to a bbq and don't have time to make myself of black bean burgers to throw on the grill. But homemade black bean burgers are the best!

I'll have to try the boca chik'n though cause I've been wanting a chick'n patty
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like Boca Burgers well enough, but I definitely prefer the Morningstar varieties over Boca. The Morningstar turkey variety tastes like pork chops. My husband said he couldn't tell that they were meatless.