Low carb -help?

Options
Kal_n_130
Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
Im trying to eat less carbs but... it seems like every thing but meat has carbs? what kind of "snacks" are low carb?

Replies

• AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    If you're on a low carb diet then that means you are suppose to be eating lots of meat.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    celery with natural peanut butter, like almond butter. Protein shakes- I mix with almond mik, unsweetened choc or vanilla. Yogurts,cheeses- pretty much dairy and veggies, meats seafoods and eggs.
    Just stay away from breads/pastas/crackers/cookies etc.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    www.lowcarbdiets.about.com

best low carb site on here..

good luck..i have controled my diabetes with the low carb plan.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Veggies, nuts, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, greek yogurt

Easiest way for someone to just cut carbs a little is not to buy anything that comes in a box.
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    Im not really on a low carb diet i just want to eat less carbs. i dont really know what would be considered high carb or low...?
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I try to eat no more than 50g of carbs on 2 days out of the weeks. I eat almonds, string cheese, and sugar free jello because aside from almonds are all no carb and almonds are low carb.
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Leafy green vegetables, almonds, pork rinds, eggs, cheese, heavy whipping cream, bacon, sausage, beef jerkey
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    low carb diets do NOT mean you got to eat a crap load of meat...there are so many things that are low carbthat I eat every single day...

look at my food diary and see what i eat every day....just until this week i was eating about 10 total carbs a day....just this week i try adding a few back in my diet...maybe about 25 to 30 a day....so much to eat...look at that website...you can spend hours on it..
    good luck
  • LittleSimoni
    Options
    Here are some of my favorite snackees:

Nuts, string cheese/cheese, peanut butter w/celery, edamame, veggies/hummus/guac KIND bars.. The hard part is watching how much to eat, I could eat a whole Costco size containter of cashews if left unattended!

Some snacks I like that have carbs - Motts container of applesauce (or berry sauce) - no added sugars and I pretend its sorbet. Greek plain yogurt with blueberries; cup of grapes, oranges (I just tried some Trader Joe's dried Jeju oranges - very tasty and crunchy!

Good luck!
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    Thanks every one, that was very helpful!
    @247diva-So i should try to stay under 50g a day?
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    I just looked at my carbs to day and it was 196 :( lol
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    Im not really on a low carb diet i just want to eat less carbs. i dont really know what would be considered high carb or low...?

I'm on a similar diet but it's called ketogenics so I might be able to help. On my plan, eating over 120 grams of carbs will make you gain weight as your body only requires 120 grams of crabs max to function a day. I generally stay around 60 grams of carbs per day and one day a week, I will load up on carbs and eat around 400 grams on a Saturday. I will only eat carbs in the morning and if i eat carbs at night, i will come from vegetables. Most of the other time, i will eat a lot of protein from fish, vegetables, and any other meats.

Edit: Another source of my protein comes form drinking 2 protein shakes a day mixed with milk so it takes like a real milk shake.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one, that was very helpful!
    @247diva-So i should try to stay under 50g a day?
    I thought you aren't eating a low carb diet? 50 grams is excessively low.

If all you want to do is cut back a little, just cut back portion sizes. For example, if you're eating pasta, eat half your normal portion. Simple.
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    @tigersworld yeah i was just wanting to cut back... like i said mine to day was almost 200! what would be a good number for me to start out? id eventually get it down to 50 or less but i loveeeeeee my carbs lol, if i could live on bread i would.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    @tigersworld yeah i was just wanting to cut back... like i said mine to day was almost 200! what would be a good number for me to start out? id eventually get it down to 50 or less but i loveeeeeee my carbs lol, if i could live on bread i would.

If the only thing that you ate was wheat bread, you'd drop weight fast but that would make you extremely tired since there would be no fat in your diet but having no fat in your diet is the reason why you'd drop weight fast.
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    Lol it wouldnt be wheat bread.. it would be regular white bread lol. this has been the hardest thing for me so far ..not eating pasta and white bread...
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    Lol it wouldnt be wheat bread.. it would be regular white bread lol. this has been the hardest thing for me so far ..not eating pasta and white bread...

If you're try to do low carb and eating 200grams a day then you're obviously doing it all wrong. hah
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    WELL obviously!!!! thats why im asking for help lol! i ate pizza today tho. and normally dont do that.
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    On here it says i should have 199g of carbs so i thought iv been doing good since i havent been in the red on carbs normaly now finding out 50 g is low im like WTH no wonder im not losing weight faster
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    On here it says i should have 199g of carbs so i thought iv been doing good since i havent been in the red on carbs normaly now finding out 50 g is low im like WTH no wonder im not losing weight faster

Looking at your profile, it seems like you are scared to eat protein. Are you scared of muscles?