So what is everyone making for Easter Dinner???

Options
healthybabs
healthybabs Posts: 581 Member
I have a local farm near me that raises their own pigs. They just slaughtered in February so I bought one of their hams. Can't wait to try it. Can't say as I have ever had ham that is going to be that fresh and is not loaded with salt. I am going to baste it with a peach/maple syrup combination. Should be tasty!

Went to our local goat farm and picked up some goat cheese that was made yesterday. Having that on spinach salad w/pecans and a little vinagarette dressing I will whip up.

Lot's of side veggies....asparagus, green beans, brussel sprouts. Will par boil them altogether and then roast with a little EVOO for about 10 minutes on 400*.

Final stop today was my local orchard. Got fresh apple cidar and cheddar rosemary rolls. Bought apple dumplings (like an apple pie but individual and totally wrapped in crust) and lemon bars for dessert for everyone. Her baked goods are too hard to pass up and much easier than making them myself for this occasion.

Of course all this occurs after church. I love Easter service!

Replies

• mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chili and cornbread.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Grilled lamb chops with fresh mint sauce and a mix of roasted fennel, green beans, potatoes, and asparagus.
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Turkey, mac & cheese, green beans, baked beans... rolls... yum!
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    roast beef and all the trimings, key lime pie, beer beer, beer, cava, beer, beer and wine
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    My parents brought a fresh ham from Arkansas a few years ago for Christmas and it was one of the most delicious things I ever put in my mouth!
  • oma5
    oma5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm having turkey, leek mashed potatoes, baby carrots, stuffing, garlic bread, and of course desert!
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ham, Mashed potatoes, rolls, corn, cranberry sauce, devilled eggs and lemon meringue pie for dessert
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Don't do anything for Easter really.
    So I'm having a falafel wrap mmmm mm.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    We weren't going to do Easter dinner this year, but my parents changed their minds. They are cooking ham and chicken pieces, but since I am a vegetarian, I am having a vegetarian "chicken" cutlet. We are also have mashed potatoes and gravy (I bring my own vegetarian version for me), mashed turnip, peas, and carrots. Instead of boiling the heck out of my carrots this year, I am eating it raw, grated over some raw baby spinach with a bit of dressing on top. They also bought a bunny cake and I may or may not have a slice of that.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm making veggie soup and a piece of boneless, skinless chicken breast - and the veggie soup just needs to be nuked to defrost and heat up! YAY!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Tofurky franks, brussel sprouts and carrots, pilsbury buns, potato salad, garden salad, stuffing, chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting.

I don't do traditional dinners, I keep some of the "normal" easter foods, but I do what I want.
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm doing a roast chicken with baby beet root and parsnips, baby carrots and fresh green beans. Kids will have some sweet potato as well.

Mel
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Had my family easter dinner yesterday, turkey, mashed taters, homemade stuffing, corn, garden salad, rolls
    & cranberries. So it's all about portion control! Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!!!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Nothing traditional at all, hahaha.
    Today will be lasagna! Oh well.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Having a cookout. Hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, and homemade macaroni salad and potato salad (with low fat mayo, etc.) No dessert, since the Easter bunny brought chocolate for the kiddies. The gym is closed today, so I did two workouts yesterday to make up for it :bigsmile:
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Capretto ( kid goat) roasted in oven with rosemary, thyme, garlic and a thread of olive oil; new baby potatoes with rosemary, salt and pepper, then a beautiful Colomba for dessert ( Easter specialty in Italian speaking zones of the Earth). All accompanied by a super delish Mouton Cadet (bordeaux).... To balance this hypo caloric intake, a nice hour and a half of serious snowshoeing beforhand. Snowed 30 cm last nite. Beautiful. Can't decide if we should say Happy Easter or Merry Xmas! Whatever. Food was good and tomorrow is another day. ; )
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Beef steak, garlic mushrooms, peas and southern fried potato wedges here. Not traditional, but we couldn't afford to do lamb this year.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Room on my plate!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have a local farm near me that raises their own pigs. They just slaughtered in February so I bought one of their hams. Can't wait to try it. Can't say as I have ever had ham that is going to be that fresh and is not loaded with salt. I am going to baste it with a peach/maple syrup combination. Should be tasty!

Went to our local goat farm and picked up some goat cheese that was made yesterday. Having that on spinach salad w/pecans and a little vinagarette dressing I will whip up.

Lot's of side veggies....asparagus, green beans, brussel sprouts. Will par boil them altogether and then roast with a little EVOO for about 10 minutes on 400*.

Final stop today was my local orchard. Got fresh apple cidar and cheddar rosemary rolls. Bought apple dumplings (like an apple pie but individual and totally wrapped in crust) and lemon bars for dessert for everyone. Her baked goods are too hard to pass up and much easier than making them myself for this occasion.

Of course all this occurs after church. I love Easter service!

That sounds perfect all local and fresh ingredients, the way more people shoule eat!! Good for you!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't knoooow! :sad:

I didn't even KNOW I was making Easter dinner until last night. I have to go grocery shopping NOW. We are having a surprise friend for dinner. We had no plans until then. He's been away from his family and is feeling blue about it, so I feel like we need to. I am just forming the plan now. I am thinking of making a small turkey or large chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, squash and a giant green salad with pears and blue cheese.