What is your criteria for reporting a topic or comment?

Options
124»

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I report pretty much any post that lacks ample cleavage. All of y'all bee-hotches has been reported!!! (Even my own!)
    Reported for an AV that is degrading towards pink peep bunnies. Have some RESPECT! *storms off in offense*
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    if someone does'nt like my bike

What is I like the bike but think the shoes are lame????
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    People are WAY too sissy when it comes to reporting. There are many people who just report because somebody says something with opinions that don't match their own. People will make a post asking for help and opinions and advice, then people will report somebody who says "You're not eating enough" or "You should eat less sugar" lol...

People need to learn to be adults in a world with free speech.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I report people who:

Hurt my feelings
    Make me feel bad about myself
    Tell me I'm wrong
    Think that I'm stuck up
    Think I'm self centered
    OR has a pic somewhere out there in the internet universe that shows one millimeter of any body part that my three year old nephew (who doesn't even know how to turn on a computer) might see.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I have a report post quota. I haven't reached my quota yet today so here goes.....

^^^^Blonde & Attractive...

Reported

B!tchin abs. Reported. I could get used to this.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i got reported for being vegan and not agreeing with somebody who eats meat.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

What makes you report someone's comment or topic?

If someone hurts my feelings.

Hahah that made me laugh

It hurts my feelings to be laughed at. . REPORTED!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Ive reported peole for things they were allowed to do and I wasnt,like back when we had signatures. yeah im childish like that
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    The same criterias explained in forum guidelines.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Copyright infringement...

If someone copies and pastes the text of a journal article that is normally only available to subscribers or people who purchase the individual article, I will report that.

Peer reviewed scientific journals don't have magic money trees to cover their expenses!

Oh wait, I forgot about the two threads I reported where someone was asking advice on what race of children make the best victims for [insert heinous sexual crime here]. I seriously don't even want to repeat it - that was awful!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    something advocating animal torture. I haven't reported anything.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've been reported by people with no sense of humor many times over. It makes me sad that these people never laugh at themselves.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think everybody have different buttons that can be pushed via posts/replies. I personally havent reported anyone on MFP yet since i have a fairly thick skin but I can see countless times people just posting the most idiotic crap. For example, A user posted something along the lines of "New member looking for Indian/Asian friends". Sounds friendly enough. One of the replies was "Dont worry about making friends, just come here and fix my computer. haha. jk". I personally took that as an insult. Took it same way as you would reply to an African American posting a chicken recipe and in the reply it said "You had better had some watermelon with that".

But, others might have different triggers, theres currently a topic going on about some young lady asking about thoughts on getting into adult industry. I'm sure that have caused alot of reports.

tl;dr: It all depends on the person what causes them to report, so far I havent reported anyone and will probably not report unless direct attacks were made against me
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    I am in the "none" group. If I don't like a topic I don't click on it, If I don't agree with what is being said I either give my differing opinion or quit reading the post. it is that simple, if you don't like it DON'T READ IT!!!! sorry to get so vocal, I deal with children at home, I don't like to deal with them online as well.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was reported once. By someone (I presume, it was too much of a coincidence) who told me I was killing myself and should be enjoying suicide and hell.... I responded witha thanks for responding and good luck with your goals and figuring out what works for you (ok I may have also invited her to get off her high horse) but she reported me for that!!!! After telling me I was going to hell lol!!!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have never reported anybody but I would report any type of post that I felt caused undue psychological abuse upon another member. We have all see the abrasive comment on occasion, but one that appears to realy pervasively seem to go after somebody's self esteme would be something I would report. Also any type of post that would appear to be stalking a child or that used unusually coarse language toward a minor or potentially vulnerable member. Most of the time I try to overlook what many would consider mild expletives -- even though I usally choose to avoid those words in my own discourse.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Reporting this for talking about reporting.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I've never reported anything, I don't plan on it either