Depressed and irritated... Great mix!

Options
2»

Replies

• kendra0224
    Options
    I am currently in a depressed mood right now, have been experiencing it for about a week now. My problem is that when I am depressed I eat, but I have been doing pretty good as far as eating. It basically takes forcing myself to do something different, instead of eating constantly, or sitting around doing nothing. I was feeling pretty bad yesterday and I decided that I would take my kids and dog for a walk, so I put them in the wagon and went. I felt a lot better after we got back home. I know that it is hard to deal with depression, but for your sake you gotta kick your own butt out of the "mood." I wish you the best!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I agree.... .That's been my problem is that I'm exhausted from forcing myself to do things but I'm gonna try anyway because there has to be light at the end of the tunnel....

This works for me. I HATE doing it, I FORCE myself to go then when I am on that last couple hundred yards from the house on the way back I am always glad I did it. It takes energy to make energy, I know this to be true for a fact.

If you have clinical depression, please talk to your doctor about changing your meds.

If you are just in a funk, I suggest waking up and making the decision to be happy that day. Do not allow circumstances to get you down. We actually make the choice to be happy. We can also make the choice to see gloom and doom in everything.

If you are drinking any type of alcohol, please know that this makes things worse, way worse.

Good luck, I know how bad depression sucks. I was on medication and underwent therapy for years. Once I had a good grasp of the fact that I am responsible for me and my happiness, things started to work out for me. The exercise also plays a major roll in that as well.