The BEST thing said, done etc.

Options
PrincessLou71186
PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
There are a lot of threads about the 'worst' thing you have had said to you, done etc so I thought it would be nice to have one about the best things said or done.

The best moment in my life so far was opening the front door to my new house in Northern Ireland, a place where no one knew me an I could start from fresh.

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    Options
    Has no one got any great moments they would like to share?
  • PrincessLou71186
    Options
    Nobody?
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Honestly!!! At this moment I feel like MFP is the best thing I have done for 400 days of commitment meeting so many supportive and driven people that I now consider family!! I have tried to do this over 10yrs and for once...It is a lifestyle simply because of the advice, tips, and the drive to stay committed....TODAY I feel great!
  • CinnamonDragon
    Options
    One of my best guy friends told me one day that I was beautiful. Haha, it was so random and sweet, it totally made my week. :')
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    the day i got a call saying i passed the G.E.D. with honors :bigsmile:
    May 22nd i get to graduate with cap & gown
    and August i should be in college
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    - MFP and the amazing supportive friends I have. Definitely helped me gain my health back. I am forever grateful! :)
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My Journey with support of MFP and all the Wonderful Friends that never fail to support, encourage and motivate me!!! And this journey definitely helped me discover so many things about myself and constant work on improving myself
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The best thing I ever did was live in Ireland for 6 months. I was going through a pretty tumultuous time in my personal life, and picking up and moving to another continent gave me the clarity that I needed to send me down the right path that I'm continuing on now.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The best things in my life have been the worse things. Those are the things that have challenged or pushed me. They are the things that have helped shape who I am now. Remembering how far I've come keeps me going.

The best defining moment of my life was earning the title of United States Marine. No one can take that from me and not everyone can achieve that.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    First best thing I ever did was live in Australia for 10 months, being so far away from everyone I knew let me learn so much about who I am and what I wanted out of life.

Giving birth to my two happy healthy daughters has to be right up there as well.

Getting in the gym and taking charge of my health is in there to:)
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Getting the **** out of Manitoba. Saved my sanity, saved my relationship, saved my waistline (from further damage).
    Pave the Prairies.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Best thing - Asking my wife (hootmamma) to marry me! 2nd best finding MFP and all the awesome folks here.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just last night I saw a friend out at the bar I hadn't seen in quite awhile and the first words out of his mouth were, "Holy ****! Where's the rest of you?!?" LOL That pretty much made my night!
  • Meggeler
    Meggeler Posts: 42
    Options
    Just last night I saw a friend out at the bar I hadn't seen in quite awhile and the first words out of his mouth were, "Holy ****! Where's the rest of you?!?" LOL That pretty much made my night!

Congratulations :)
  • KyliAnnHobson
    Options

Congratulations :)

Thank you!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well, there was meeting my husband, marrying him, the birth of our 3 children, graduating from college, being the only graduate that year with a perfect grade point average, the birth of my grand daughter...

Most recent, and dealing with my weight loss journey, when my doctor walked into the room last week and told me that he wished he had taken a picture of me last June so he could do a "before and after/current" comparison. When he told me that I was his most successful weight loss patient in over 6 years. When he said that I was one of only 5 patients he has ever had that he was able to change their status from morbidly obese.

I sent him a "before and now" picture by email and he asked my permission to post it in his exam rooms, and I gave my consent. He called me that evening to tell me that he'd had 3 people that afternoon ask "how did the lady on the wall do that?"...
  • angimac
    Options

I've had a couple of people ask me that question too. It feels good, doesn't it?
  • KyliAnnHobson
    Options

I've had a couple of people ask me that question too. It feels good, doesn't it?

It feels great! Congratulations on your weight loss! That's fantastic!
  • angimac
    Options
    Thanks, and congrats back to you!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Got accepted to a highly competitive nursing school this month!