Hi looking for some mature weight loss friends!!

Options
Hi, I am looking for some mature weight loss friends, someone who knows what it is like to carry this weight and now have to work doubley hard to loose it. I am new here and have had a fantastic week....lets cheer each other on..thanks, Gayle

Replies

• Blackbuddy2012
    Blackbuddy2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting this life change tomoww
  • Blackbuddy2012
    Blackbuddy2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is christine
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayle and welcome to the site!

I started over a year ago and hit a bump last summer. I'm back at it and determined to get rid of the extra fat.
    I'm 55 years young and currently at 180, looking to get down to 130ish (depends how I feel and look to myself).
    I use Walk away the pounds (Leslie Sansone) for my cardio, and I use a kettlebell workout for strength training.

Fell free to add me, my diary is open to public.
  • vomma2
    vomma2 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Gayle. Welcome! I just started this past week, so I'm a newbie too! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting this life change tomoww

No Christine, you started right now by being here. Tomorrow you will be continuing on your journey!:wink:
  • djjoann958
    Options
    Hi! I am 49 years old and I have struggled with my weight since my last child was born 23 years ago. Terrible isn't it? In my 30s I tried WW and lost 49 pounds. Then I went back to graduate school and then all the weight came back and then some. Over the past few years, I have lost about 30 pounds. 10 pounds came back on even though I started running. My clothes are getting tighter and I am so frustrated I could cry. I have tried WW again, calorie counting, South Beach diet and keep gaining and losing the same 10 pounds.
    I need a diet buddy or buddies to keep me motivated.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me I am a 35 yr old stay at home mom to 7:)
  • vomma2
    Options
    Hi! I am 49 years old and I have struggled with my weight since my last child was born 23 years ago. Terrible isn't it? In my 30s I tried WW and lost 49 pounds. Then I went back to graduate school and then all the weight came back and then some. Over the past few years, I have lost about 30 pounds. 10 pounds came back on even though I started running. My clothes are getting tighter and I am so frustrated I could cry. I have tried WW again, calorie counting, South Beach diet and keep gaining and losing the same 10 pounds.
    I need a diet buddy or buddies to keep me motivated.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • vomma2
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! We can cheer each other on!
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I am 55 and started about 3 months ago. This site is so helpful and has really made accountable to myself. And I don't want to mess up this time. All my life I have had weight issues, When I was in 7th grade and weighed 105, I thought I was fat. When I was a teenager and all the other girls were slim and I weighed 150, I thought I was fat. Now at 55, I hit nearly 300 and I KNOW I am fat. My starting weight on January 17 was 271. Today I am at 238 and I feel better, am exercising and am determined to do this. Anybody want to be my friend, please do. I will be here for a while.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Trish. I'm 53, and have been here since August 2011. I welcome friends my age, because it seems likes it's harder to lose weight at this stage of my life. Add me if you like! :)
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well (anyone!!)! I'm 35 and a mom of two wonderfully naughty boys ages 10 and 5! I've struggled with my weight my entire life and 30 days ago today, I decided it was time to change! Good luck to you all!!!
  • grayruto
    grayruto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayle....Im Carrie and I just started yesterday. I have 55 lbs to lose and Im really ready to do it. Im committed for the long haul. Im 47...feel free to add me if you would like.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Hi! I've been the 'fat girl' in my family all my life and that's changing!!!!! add me!
  • gcarpenter55
    gcarpenter55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am Ginger and started about two weeks ago. So far I have lost 6 1/2 lbs. I am 56 years old and my doctor put the fear of God in me so I am very motivated (blood sugar too high). So I need to lose weight, exercise, more and get that blood sugar down. Anyone with blood sugar lowering suggestions, I'd love to compare notes.

My starting point was 213, and my first goal is 175. Doing well now, but I leave for a cruise in 2 weeks, so I hope I can keep it up.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    add my mom!!

her username is tawni45 :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am looking for some mature weight loss friends,

Define Mature? Age or attitude? im 42 in age.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Don't know how mature I am, but I will be 60 in a couple weeks. Anyone can add me, I am on here every day and happy to support people. I will nag you if you don't log in.
  • M4nnsW1fe
    M4nnsW1fe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am going to start the 21 day challenge tommorrow
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined last week.. my name is Cori and I am a 40 yo sahm. I have 40 lbs to lose, hopefully
    by september. Excited to "meet" new people and create an awesome support system here. Anyone that
    would like to add me..please feel free! We can do this!!!