Hi looking for some mature weight loss friends!!

Options

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Justed wanted to say Hi. I am 55 and have lost weight here and some before I joined MFP. This has been a great resource for me. I am getting to the point I want to maintain. But I still plan on being here everyday to keep me on track. This will work for you if you are determined to make it work. Even at our age. You can add me if you like.
  • Mairi58
    Mairi58 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello to all - just joined. I think I qualify at 59!
    Increasing weight now and something has to be done.
    Hope I will get support from this site.

Mairi x
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am definitely mature- like old cheese at 55. I have been losing weight for a year now and am approaching my goal and adapting as I go. I have reduced my goal by another 2 kilos- but intend staying here once I start maintenance. I don't want to risk gaining after all the hard work of losing 40 kilos - which is roughly 88lbs. Add me if you want . Good luck with your journey!
  • IngeliseA
    IngeliseA Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ingelise. I have been on here for about a month or so but only read the posts. I decided to join in today because this board seems to fit me. I am 57 and have needed to lose weight for most of my life and like several of you, I have lost and gained and repeated the cycle many times. I am determined this time and I think the support is what I have been lacking all along! Please add me so I to can be accountable. I am struggling with what to eat, I seem to choose healthy foods but by the end of the day, I am usually over the amount of calories set out for me.
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Karen, I'm 51, I've been on MFP for 215 days as of today! I've lost 19lbs with about 8 to10 more to reach my goal. I now need to begin to firm up my mid section & maintain. I really enjoy this site and would love to support & be supported by particularly but not necessarily ladies battling menopause. I have some awesome friends that I couldn't have achieved this without! Please add & let the cheering begin :flowerforyou:
  • Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes it is a pain to carry the extra weight and hard to lose when we get older. It is very helpful to have friends / support. Does 60 qualify as mature? (Give me my senior discount)
  • marticapitt
    marticapitt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayle. I'm 54 and mentally feel 35, so I want a 35 yo looking body to go with my personality! Looking to give and get as much support as possible!
  • jmbedilion
    Options
    Hi Everybody, I am 29 and a stay-at-home mom of a 1 1/2 year old and am starting to struggle. I find having friends on my site helps me stay motivated. Would anybody like to add me as a friend? I would be happy to have anybody join me. I have at least 15-20 more pounds to lose.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Carol and I am 55 years old. Joined January 8th and have lost about 28 lbs so far. I walk, hike and occasionally do Kettlebells for my working out. Feel free to add me.

There is also a group on here for folks 50+!
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Dot and I also belong to the 55+ club. Everyone is really supportive and friendly. I have lost 7 pounds in the two weeks since I joined. I have not been able to lose anything for two years since I quit smoking. Feel free to add me.:drinker:
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great job. Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Is " mature" a polite way of saying old as dirt? :smile:
    I'm OLD.
    Feel free to add me.
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi gayle welcome to MFP.....I know how hard it is and how determined you need to be......I will do my best to support you sending friend request your way.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,027 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayle.
    You are welcome to add me, too.
    I've been really struggling. Age 50.
    Linda
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends as well! Would love to be your diet buddy! I am 48 and hve strugged with weight my whole life! I am currently doing the Body By Vi 90 day challenge and am looking for friends who want to join me! Cheers to a skinnyier summer!!
    http://carolanne.myvi.net/
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I would but I tend to whack people off my friends list... hey wait a minute.....
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm old...but don't you dare call me mature! :tongue:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am looking for some mature weight loss friends,

Define Mature? Age or attitude? im 42 in age.

Im 36 but act like I'm mentally deficient errr I mean immature
  • pwhealthy
    Options
    Hi Gayle,
    You can add me!! I definitely know what it is like to carry excess weight and have a hard time losing it. I have been overweight since my teenage years. I just hate that it took me so many years to change my attitude.
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayle. I just started on this site. You can add me as a friend.
    Good luck