how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I feel like weighing myself everyday but isn't it better to do it maybe every week or every fortnight .

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but its more habit than anything else. I would advise once per week, but I found when I did that, if I was having a heavy day (from water etc) on my weigh in day, then Id feel down, thinking Id gained weight. But weighing in every day at least I knew what was "real" weight. Just dont stress if you do weigh every day. Remember, 1lb is 3500 cals, so if you go up one day, its going to be water weight, not " real" weight.
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but log my weight once a week (Fridays). I pull out the measuring tape once every 3-4 weeks (esp when the scale doesn't budge and I'd like positive reinforcement).
  • nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every 2 weeks, because if I do it more often I get a bit obsessive about it.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Once a week - on the weekly anniversary of my diet starting. I hear that if you weigh yourself every day, then it's good to average all the days you weigh and record the average every week.
  • Mkeyes44
    Mkeyes44 Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree with every two weeks. I get paid every two weeks, so on payday, I weigh in. That day, even though I haven't cheated, I reset my new lifestyle commitment - mentally starting over from the beginning so it never gets old... it's all psychological, but it works. So every 14 days...
  • rhi_hope
    rhi_hope Posts: 12
    Options
    I record my weight once a fortnight, Monday morning, same time in the AM. I think it gives a better result.

I'm notorious for getting on the scales 2-3 times a day, it's an old (BAD!) habit I'm finding hard to break. Doing that every day over the course of a week can show a lot of different weights depending on the time of day (and time of the month etc.), which is why I keep it (the recording/tracking part) to once a fortnight.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 3-4 times a week. It isn't the best thing to do, but I weigh myself on the scale at the Y right before I work out. I try not to let it get to me, but it stinks that I have only lost 7 pounds in 9 weeks :(
  • BrittanyLail
    BrittanyLail Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of weighing on pay day!! :)
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    Every 3rd day, jus to keep track.
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself daily in the mornings..its a habit of mine and it helps me to stay on track
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday but only record once a week. It can be hard to see the scale move around though
  • rnom
    rnom Posts: 16
    Options
    I think I will start weighing myself everyday and record every week. However I don't know if I can trust my scale lol
  • huizenm
    huizenm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning...
  • milagros00
    milagros00 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was told to weigh myself every week. I was also told not to weigh myself at all and focus on the food only. However, here I am again, trying to free myself from excess weight. I have decided that I am am going to weigh myself everyday.
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, it works for me. If it's down I'm excited and keeps me on track, if I'm up I try not to get frustrated and use the motivation to get my butt in gear! I weigh in officialy once a week, but track every day on weighttracker.com. That site also lets me track my food, exercise and some other variables like water intake. It has really helped me compare on a daily basis what I am doing and how it works to create a plan that works for me! Also looking at the chart helps me keep perspective., it may go up a bit one day but when I see the whole chart going down I don't get so upset about one day! So I say weighing daily is fine if you keep the right outlook on it!
  • NomiS6
    NomiS6 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing in morning
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i go to the local chemist every friday and get weight height bmi and body fat all done at once, i aim for 2lbs a week but if i dont loose on weight i loose on the body fat and bmi i am still happy with that,
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I log once a week on Saturday morning. I log my daily weight in the food note box so I can track the week.
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. I find that if i do it more often it tends to drive me a little insane :)
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I was weighing every week but then the battery my scales died and I refuse to change it mainly because my wife obsesses about the scales.