Finally...199.0 for first time in my adult life!

Options
I have always been big. I was 160 and only 5' 3 when I was in highschool. I got pregnant when I was only 15 and gave birth to my first son at 16 and 225 pounds. I stayed at that weight after I had him, I honestly thought I was going to be fat forever and thats just how my life was suppose to go....most of my family was big...especially the girls.

I stayed around 225 for 7 years until we decided we were finally ready to have our second baby. I got pregnant and kept gaining, and gaining. When I gave birth I was up to around 273. After I had him I once again stayed the same weight. When my son was about 11 months old it was like walking into a brick wall. I just decided enough was enough, I didnt want to live like this, I wanted to have more energy, more confidence. I wanted to want to be in pictures with my kids instead of always hiding from the camera. I wanted to do more with them instead of being the coat holder!

I started using my wii and was hardley able to do anything! But here I am today proving to myself that I can do this I have now lost over half of my goal weight...which I may or may not want to change when I get there. I am now 199.0, there is no longer a 2 infront of my weight and it feels great. I am actually enjoying doing physical things and working out. My life has already changed so much. The best part is that I have no fear of falling off becuase when I eat something greasy...or lots of junk....I feel like junk and just want a stir fry, or fruit. I never thought that would be me....to crave healthy foods but it happens now. I miss working out when I take a day or 2 off and walking is something that happens all the time instead of once in while. My kids are learning so much and will have a better chance then I did at not become obese...which makes me smile from ear to ear.

So all in all today is a great day! Also feel free to friend request if you want.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • doberfan
    doberfan Posts: 33
    Options
    Congratulations! I just started my journey. I can't wait to say the same thing.
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the good work. You are giving your kids the best gift in the world. Good going, you!
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    Great job
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Way to get it moving! Woman on a mission! Keep killing it, killer!
  • shariTN
    shariTN Posts: 53
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!! Way to go and keep it up!
  • kskostamikel
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Aww, a very inspiring story! Welcome to ONEderland! You won't ever be leaving it again! :) Keep up the amazing work you're doing :)
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Great post! Keep it up, girl. :)
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is such a great story, congratulations!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    wonderful!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I know how great it feels to be into the 100s :-D Keep it up!
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Doresoontobehealthy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I needed to read this morning. It motivates me to finally get under that 200 lb mark. Congratulations!
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome to wonderland! Feels great and only gets better! Keep goin!
  • mishelley
    mishelley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I know I recently noticed that I am not in many pictures with my kids because I didn't want to see how big I was. How sad is that? Congrats on the loss and keep up the good work!!
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is an amazing milestone!! :) One that I hope to reach someday!
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    06cd1a56.jpg
  • demorest
    demorest Posts: 109
    Options
    What a inspiring story, Great thing you are doing for your kids. It also makes me fell that I can really do it too. Thank for sharing!!!
  • nanasgt
    nanasgt Posts: 33
    Options
    YAY :smile: Feels good doesn't it :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!