Why a Cheat Day is a misnomer

Options

Replies

• callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    So, those of you who embrace cheating, what other parts of your life to you have regular cheat days?? If it is good for your body, should be good everywhere else too right?

Not that it's any of your business, but here's a list off the top of my head:

1) Playing video games instead of doing chores

Chores? LOL. Are you 13?
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think many of you didn't even read my original post. Or perhaps you don't know what the word "misnomer" means.

Misnomer: Definition, A small unmarried female gnome

This thread is starting to get douchey...
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    :smile:
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    So, those of you who embrace cheating, what other parts of your life to you have regular cheat days?? If it is good for your body, should be good everywhere else too right?

Did you read what I said about personal finance? Isn't any form of entertainment wasteful spending? Why would you do such a thing then?
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    So funny....

Start a thread to voice your opinion which is written as law not an opinion...

spend rest of thread trying to belittle everyone into agreeing with you...

and if they arent buying it...point out that your vocabulary and comprehension is better than theirs..

gotta love the forums

I've been here since 2010 and it's pretty much the same *kitten*, different day lol.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Why can't it just be a "I'm gonna eat whatever I want day"? Why is it lapsing, regressing, cheating? Hell if you want it eat it!!!! Get back at it the following meal or day.
  • callmeBAM
    Options

Did you read what I said about personal finance? Isn't any form of entertainment wasteful spending? Why would you do such a thing then?

If you have a budget and going to the movies is in it, then that is not cheating.

Several of you are using the term cheat to describe something you plan for, which is the opposite of what I am talking about.
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ^ Toilet trained at gunpoint
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm sure by starting this thread, callmeBAM was actually trying to say "if you ever eat a cookie during the week you are Hitler and you will never lose weight, you fat failure"

(I hope that's sarcastic enough to not need to explain it)
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So funny....

and if they arent buying it...point out that your vocabulary and comprehension is better than theirs..

gotta love the forums

I've been here since 2010 and it's pretty much the same *kitten*, different day lol.

Love this!!!!! Everybody loses a few pounds & then want to beat everybody up cuz they want to have a "cheat day"! I thought MFP was a learning tool to help us realize what the heck we putting in our mouths? I didn't know it turned every successful loser into rocket scientist!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I also hate the term. I have my high days, I have my low days....all within my calorie budget. I go out to dinner, drink beer, etc. It's part of my eating plan and something that I personally can live with long-term. That's all there is to it.
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    I disagree. Cheating is important for staying on the road on down the road. I've been at this for a year and some change. You cannot be perfect all the time and days when you cannot resist the chip craving are going to be there. What are you going to do, call your friends and family and tell them holidays are canceled this year because you are on a diet and cheating is so horrible for it. Don't be ridiculous. Beating yourself up for indulging in that is going to make you less likely to stay on program, then forgetting about it and starting over the next day. If I beat myself up and made myself feel bad about every cheat day I've had, I would have been long gone by now. I cheat about two to three times a month, yet I still lose 4 to 5 pounds. At the end of the day we are all human and if it takes us a little longer, so be it. We did it. That's all that matters.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

So, in your world it's all black and white? No gray areas? If you cheat here, you must cheat there? Sounds pretty silly to me.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    So funny....

gotta love the forums

This!!!!!!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't be more like a cheat meal not cheat day? Anyone who has entire cheat day is an idiot... that being said I had entire cheat weekend...

(raises hand) Idiot here, have a entire cheat day once a week and yet i'm still a loser :laugh:

This!
    Usually once a week I spend the day making awesome food with my mother and I enjoy it, without guilt, all day. Doesn't make me an idiot especially seeing as I have lost around 15 pounds in less than 80 days.
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    I have to agree b/c my "cheat day" last week turned into cheating "just a little" every day! No more.
  • callmeBAM
    Options
    I think many of you didn't even read my original post. Or perhaps you don't know what the word "misnomer" means.

Misnomer: Definition, A small unmarried female gnome

This thread is starting to get douchey...

You sure haven't added anything of value.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I kind of agree, but then I don't, but then I do :huh: lol I confuse myself too

What some people might consider as cheating, I consider it as living.

I will eat what I like, and delete the things I don't need from my diet.

with this said, if it fits in my daily goals, then I'll have a serving of it

it works for me. my main goal on this whole journey has been to find a way of eating that is good for weight loss and sustainable for a normal eating life
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't call 'it' anything. But if I had to put a label on it, I'd call it a sanity day. It helps me regain my sanity after I've been so good the other days. It allows me to 'let loose' (not LOSE) with my tastebuds so that I can easily reign in my eating and get back to the plan that works for me.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    So funny....

gotta love the forums

Love this!!!!! Everybody loses a few pounds & then want to beat everybody up cuz they want to have a "cheat day"! I thought MFP was a learning tool to help us realize what the heck we putting in our mouths? I didn't know it turned every successful loser into rocket scientist!

I don't pretend to be a rocket scientist or try to preach to anyone on here. After seeing tons of people and fads come and go, I've come to the realization that everyone is different and what will work for them is based on their food and exercise preferences. Live and let live =)