Do you weigh yourself during TOM?

Options
I prefer not to weigh myself during TOM, I was just wondering what other women prefer to do? :blushing:

Replies

• StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do but I don't expect to see much movement on the scale or possibly a slight gain. Today actually I weighed in and between Easter and my TOM I was still actually down .6 of a pound. It may not seem like much but this week its a huge victory for me :)
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't I bloat and gain between 2-4kg which drops off immediately afterwards. Its discouraging for me to see the scale go up, even though I know its water weight.
  • jessww
    jessww Posts: 10
    Options
    So is it pretty normal to see a 3-4lb gain on the scale during TOM? I mean. I weighed myself and I am currently 4lbs heavier than what I usually am. Is it all because of TOM?
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to skip that week of weighing in and do it the week after. Just because I might gain a few pounds and I don't want to be discouraged. Just my thing I guess.
  • Patty_Petz
    Options
    I weigh myself; I find as long as I'm working out consistently and drinking plenty of water, everything will work itself out. Besides it keeps me accountable for that week, and if I give one week a month an excuse for weight gain...where does it stop? "Oh the scale went up this week because of Easter." "It's up this week because it was my birthday" Before you know it, you have given half the year away to weight gain excuses. Step. on. the. scale.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yep, I sure do. I am not a number. If it goes up or down, I'm okay with it. The scale is just a tracking tool. I track my weight weekly.
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day, regardless of my TOM, it helps me keep track of my body flucuations, and most of the time, if I haven't lost anything in several days, it's usually b/c my sodium levels are too high and I have to up the water intake a little bit. I started a 7 day cleanse from GNC on Saturday, and you have to eat only lean proteins and healthy snacks and such, which helped both keep me away from the candy on Easter, and with the sugars I've been craving since this week is my TOM. Happy I'm seeing results!! But I still am not updating my weight every day, even though the scale has continued to go down (yay!!), just so I can make sure that number doesn't go back up again. But getting on the scale every other day is definitely help me stay on top of my goal
  • GetFit40Down
    Options
    I do, but I almost always gain about 2 pounds from water weight....I've found green tea with lemon and water with lemon really help with the water weight gain. After TOM I'm always happy to see a great loss (even though I know its the water there too).
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yup. Then I subtract 7 pounds and go eat a chocolate bar.
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to weigh myself during TOM, I was just wondering what other women prefer to do? :blushing:

Yeah just to laugh at how much weight I put on!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yep, absolutely do.
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • bestbreakfast
    bestbreakfast Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No, because I know it will be more than normal and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Yes, twice to be sure ;)
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    I do. This past week has been my TOM, and surprisingly I lost about 3lbs. Crazy.

I am also on a new BC, so I am hoping that my weight-loss spikes a bit more once my body adjusts. I am just approaching my 3 month mark.
  • JessicaAnnD
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing, I was thinking Yes, because it would make me learn more about my body since I am still new to this but No because I didn't want to discourage myself. I think I am going to do it but of course not log it in as a weight gain since I know it's because it's that TOM.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself. I don't always record that weight. I will sometimes gain 10 lbs when TOM shows up only to drop those 10 lbs 3 days later...lol...sometimes I gain nothing. I guess it just depends.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I do so I can understand my body fluctuations.
    I've found since I weigh myself through out the day it makes me a lot less hard on myself when I see it go up a smidge.
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do and suprisingly for the first time ever, I lost 3llbs even though it was that time.

I say do it, its good to know how your body is changing week by week so you can accommodate for it
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i do and it makes me sad :( so I try not to but its very hard