C25K week 4 - did I really just RUN for 5 mins straight?

Options
2»

Replies

• k2sul
    k2sul Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Candice, have you looked at parkrun.com? It's a global network of free 5K events, which are on every Saturday. I've signed up, and soon as I can manage 5K at least once on the treadmill, I'm going live, onto a Parkrun event. There might be a event in your neighbourhood!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Way to go! Feels awesome, right?
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and they will keep coming if you stick with it. Try to get in some miles outside too -- (if you aren't already) -- its a very different feel and your legs will thank you for it in the long run. Keep up the good work!
  • jcarnes66
    jcarnes66 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great!! I am also doing the C25k training and just finished Week 5, Day 1 (R5-W3-R6-W3-R5).....I was absolutely DREADING it but I was able to finish the entire thing without stopping. I have made a couple of 5k training runs since I've started. My first was about 42:00. Since then, I've done 2 more and went down to 39:00 and yesterday did it in 37:00!! My first actual race isn't until next month but I'm REALLY excited about it!! Keep up the good work!
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    Congratulations! You did great! I just finished week 1 day 3 (had to start over after getting hurt) and will start week 2 day 1 on Monday. Keep up all your hard work, I like your plan of doing each week twice.
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Well done you...I'm doing week 6 run 3 tomorrow...25 minutes straight...I've never run that long before in my life, but I'm gonna do it!! Congratulations and keep up the good work...just follow the programme and you'll be doing 5k in no time :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!