Who in the world invented these!?

Options
It appears someone REALLY took some time experimenting with a deep fryer and fried so many things...

-Deep fried Oreo's
-Deep fried... ICE CREAM!?
-Deep fried Twinkies
-Deep fried Snickers bar
-Deep fried Watermelon
-Deep fried Cheeseburger
-Deep fried Doughnuts

Now some of my family members make this because every person seems to own their own deep fryer, and it is just so appalling to see them eat like this. I appear to be the only one that would eat like a normal human being, while they would fry their food. It sounds like a trip to a diabetic coma and heart attack city.

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    That list makes my stomach want to heave. Just too gross.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just another why there are so many Americans that are overweight and obese.....
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's crazy...I have never actually tasted these items, but I see the ' deep fried oreos' at carnivals and festivals. The whole idea doesn't really sound appetizing to me.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just another why there are so many Americans that are overweight and obese.....

Meant to say:

Just another reason why there are so many Americans that are overweight and obese.....

sticky fingers today :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Well, I must confess to having deep fried ice cream years ago (it was actually wrapped in something like filo pastry and fried very, very quickly - surprisingly not greasy) but I don't think I'd consider shoving it down my gullet now.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, deep fried Oreo's are so good YIKES!
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options
    Deep fried watermelon?! Now that's just weird...
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    mm deep fried oreos = pretty freaking delicious. So sweet though can only have one max two. Not that they are good for you or healthy.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    These are foods that are born of county fairs, trades days, expositions, etc. They are novelty items not meant for regular consumption. Just like the Ice Cream cone was born of a state fair, so are ALL these foods.

Google "Deep Fried Bacon TX"
  • chnkytim42
    chnkytim42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    stoners................... everybody was thinking it. i used to smoke. you get some crazy ideas when your high. lol dont judge me. oh and in the south we fry everything. whoop whoop
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I'm admitting this but Deep Fried Twinkies and Snickers bars are soooooooo good! You can only eat like half of one cause they're so rich but they are pretty tasty. :tongue:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Deep fried Snickers *drool*

Yes, I would totally eat one of these, then log it and run my *kitten* off afterwards in payment :)
  • ChihakuZeal
    Options
    stoners................... everybody was thinking it. i used to smoke. you get some crazy ideas when your high. lol dont judge me. oh and in the south we fry everything. whoop whoop

Hehe, I'm from the south as well, and I guess they were crazy enough to do it.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    deep fried oreos are awesome! they are so yummy. dont knock em tell you try em.
  • sailorsaturn
    Options
    dont forget the deep fried mac and cheese, pizza and cheesecake!! there is a restaurant in new york that if you bring in food to fry they will do it.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I worked at a restaurant that would serve deep fried ice cream, they called it Mexican Fried Ice Cream. You douse it with whipped cream and honey or hot carmel. I learned how to make it and it is rather delicious, but I don't think I would eat it again, unless I could share with 3 other people. I did try deep fried twinkie just because I was curious. Also tasty, but not something that I will eat again.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'd be totally lying if I said I never tried all the random deep fried things at the Texas State Fair. Ahhh the south. Home of deep fried bacon, deep fried butter, deep fried salsa (omg that one was AMAZING), deep fried marshmallows, and so much more.

And OH YEAH that Mexican Fried Ice Cream is THE BOMB. So delicious. So bad for you, but sooo delicious.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    The Scots. :devil:
  • sailorsaturn
    Options
    how do you deep fry salsa?
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've had the deep fried Oreos before, was pretty tasty and I actually had deep fried icecream about a month ago at a Thai restaurant. It was very yummy although I still can't figure out how they did it with out melting the ice cream. LOL :laugh: