Who in the world invented these!?

Options

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've had deep fried Snickers, Reeses, Twinkies, etc...

Deep fried snickers is easily my favorite dessert. I only have once a year. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    The Scots. :devil:

Oi! Nothing to do with us mate. That stuff's got USA written all over it... ;)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It appears someone REALLY took some time experimenting with a deep fryer and fried so many things...

-Deep fried Oreo's
    -Deep fried... ICE CREAM!?
    -Deep fried Twinkies
    -Deep fried Snickers bar
    -Deep fried Watermelon
    -Deep fried Cheeseburger
    -Deep fried Doughnuts

Now some of my family members make this because every person seems to own their own deep fryer, and it is just so appalling to see them eat like this. I appear to be the only one that would eat like a normal human being, while they would fry their food. It sounds like a trip to a diabetic coma and heart attack city.

Guess I'm not a normal human being....oh well. I'll enjoy the occassional treat every now and then. I'll still be healthy too!

One of my favorite meals to make at home is Chicken Fried Steak smothered in homemade gravy. Soooo good.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any of those things, not going to either! I would be afraid of starting a new bad habit. :laugh: Honestly though the only thing that sounds like it might be good to me is the oreo.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I was thinking southerners! Fried Ice Cream is not necessarily "southern," tho. I have tried the oreos and found it to be too sweet and didn't really care for it.

I have seen a recipe for "Clean Country Fried Steak" (for the above poster). Look it up!! even has a mushroom gravy recipe :)

Curious about the deep fried salsa also!
  • manasunshine
    Options
    Deep fried watermelon?! Now that's just weird...

haha agreed!!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    how do you deep fry salsa?

It's basically salsa and corn masa rolled together into a ball and deep fried. They give you queso to dip it in. Probably the one of most delicious things of all time.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Deep fried cheesecake is really good. The best deep fried thing I've had is milk. I got it at a local All you can eat sushi joint and I ate 5-6 of them. Amazing. There's a lot of other good fried stuff that's awesome. Takes some skill to deep fry certain things and use it right. I thought deep fried mayo on Top Chef was gross.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Umm, deep fried oreos are amazing...
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I know someone who is working on deep-fried beer (somehow there will be a sort of donut hole w liquid beer center). Sounds gross, but this person is just up for the challenge. You can't deny that deep-frying stuff does make it tasty (thinking of Indian vegetable pakora - drool!)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    -Deep fried Oreo's
    Meh.
    -Deep fried... ICE CREAM!?
    DELICIOUS!!
    -Deep fried Twinkies

Super yummy.
    -Deep fried Snickers bar
    Way too sweet.
    -Deep fried Watermelon
    WTF?
    -Deep fried Cheeseburger
    : /
    -Deep fried Doughnuts
    Isn't that just a Krispy Kreme?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    stoners................... everybody was thinking it. i used to smoke. you get some crazy ideas when your high. lol dont judge me. oh and in the south we fry everything. whoop whoop

Birthcake ice cream and cocoa crispies used to be my stoner food... It's not so good when you're not lit.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have had deep fried oreos and deep fried gravy... yeah try to figure that one out
  • Caitie1986
    Caitie1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    love just about everything fried... how about

PORK CRACKLIN'S
    FRIED PICKLES
    FRIED TURKEY
    and my personal favorite
    FRIED PIES

The human body is designed to naturally tend toward calorie rich food, which is why most of us like sweets. It's an evolutionary left over response to periods of great feast and famine. The problem is that we have to control it.
  • MontgomeryRats
    Options
    stoners................... everybody was thinking it. i used to smoke. you get some crazy ideas when your high. lol dont judge me. oh and in the south we fry everything. whoop whoop

Hehe, I'm from the south as well, and I guess they were crazy enough to do it.

I was thinking you must be from the Southern US, as certainly there is little shame there in owning a deep fryer LOL! Here in So Cal I could OWN a deep fryer but I would have to use it in secret! And yes, those things are likely quite yummy and I am finally learning that they are for consumption on a very rare basis if at all! (My best childhood memories came directly from the basket of an old deep fryer my mother got from her mother...)
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Not just an American thing. Here in Scotland at the local chippie you can get

Deep fried:
    Pizza
    mars bar
    ice cream
    haggis
    black pudding
    as well as the 'normal' fish, sausage, chips etc.
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Those sound sooo yummy!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options

naw thats more of the choco'taco area, deep fry'ing intails to much work for most of the stoners i know
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    god
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I just tried deep fried pickles the other day....not too shabby I gotta say. Deep fried ice cream is yummy and surprisingly not too greasy. Never really tried any of the others....I think the novelty is what makes these things so popular rather than the taste......