live2dream Posts: 614 Member
You know- colon hydrotherapy :)

Have you done it?
Would you recommend it?
How much did it cost?

Replies

• tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    I used to do it while I was on a medication that made...ummm..."going" nearly impossible. Did it once a month. Let me tell you, it is NOT pleasant, and rather humiliating (and I am not one who gets embarrassed easily!). Was about $60 each time. It did help for what I needed it for, though.
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Oh, this has to get bumped. :smile:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member

Have you done it?
    Would you recommend it?
    How much did it cost?

I haven't. I like water to go in the other end. Is this a medical thing you need, or just for spa day?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,689 Member
    There is no research-based evidence that "colon hydrotherapy" is necessary or even desirable. Enemas are sometimes used in situations where someone is severely constipated, but outside of that, there is no medically recognized benefit, and some possible risks. Your body does a perfectly okay job cleaning itself out. If you are having problems with regularity, try slowly increasing your water and fiber intake.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    I have nothing to add to this discussion, but I did want to commend the OP on what may be the best thread title to a legitimate question in a long time. Nicely done.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Nope haven't tried it but you win Thread Title Of the Day
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I've never done it, but when you put it this way, it sounds way more interesting.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,689 Member

Have you done it?
    Would you recommend it?
    How much did it cost?

I haven't. I like water to go in the other end. Is this a medical thing you need, or just for spa day?

If it was medically necessary, I imagine a physician would be telling her she needs it, and that she probably wouldn't have time to stop and post on an internet forum about it.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member

Have you done it?
    Would you recommend it?
    How much did it cost?

Did any one get the idea of a turkey baster or some bottle with a small tube on the end???

Wouldn't that be cheaper?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    no thanks. but if i ever get the urge to have water up my bum, ill just use a garden hose or a water flosser or a squirt gun or something.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    funny-captions-what-what-in-the-butt.jpg
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Yes.
    No, the neighbors got kinda pissed about me doing it in the front yard with the garden hose...plus we had to throw the hose away.
    Free.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member

This made me lawl. My little cousin has been saying this for months now. After YouTubing it, he is grounded if he continues to say it.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    According to Chau Che MD, with New York University:

"Despite evidence to the contrary, the idea that colon cleansing is therapeutic by removing impurities, lives on. However, these claims largely fail to consider normal physiology. The digestive tract has inherent properties that work to clean our colon. After food ingestion, the small intestine absorbs nutrients and contracts to move indigestible residue into the colon. The colon continues the digestive process by absorbing and secreting electrolytes and fluids while its resident bacteria ferments the undigested food products. These are just some of the many mechanisms in which the digestive tract works in order to ensure that the colon does not become encrusted with fecal matter as some products claim. The black, rubbery material passed on a colon cleanse is actually a byproduct from the supplements and fiber in the colon cleansing product as opposed to old fecal material, in which consumers are led to believe."

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=1605
    Reviewed by Michael Poles MD and Fritz Francois MD, NYU Division of Gastroenterology
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member

Have you done it?
    Would you recommend it?
    How much did it cost?

Did any one get the idea of a turkey baster or some bottle with a small tube on the end???

I read about something like this in a dirty story once, but OP if you just want to clean yourself out, I recommend KFC--quite affordable, pleasant going in, and swift reaction time.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member

You ain't never seen a set on a cat like you have this one, Clark.
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Tried it, would not recommend it. Unless you are literally full of s**t , nothing will come out. It's so not worth the discomfort.

Try taking daily fiber supplements and focus on eating clean instead.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 279 Member

HaHaHa! love it.

but to answer the originial question I have never heard of it and don't think that I want to. lol.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member

Have you done it?
    Would you recommend it?
    How much did it cost?

I read about something like this in a dirty story once, but OP if you just want to clean yourself out, I recommend KFC--quite affordable, pleasant going in, and swift reaction time.

oddly enough - taco bell does too. and they have the same parent company.

also - i have nothing really to add, but i NEEDED to have this thread title in my history. *nods*
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member

Have you done it?
    Would you recommend it?
    How much did it cost?

If it was medically necessary, I imagine a physician would be telling her she needs it, and that she probably wouldn't have time to stop and post on an internet forum about it.

I've seen many posts on forums about medically necessary procedures. Try again.