Reposting CDC stats because EVERYONE should see them

Options
124»

Replies

• kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    What motive does a government agency have for telling us that we're not capable of successfully making it from one day to the next without being told what's good for us and what isn't? Really? A government that enjoys being overly involved in the private lives of its citizens has every reason in the world to lie.

That doesn't mean I don't think obesity is rampant. I just think it's a symptom of a bigger problem that no one in government wants to address: lack of personal responsibility. The government has a vested interest in making us dependent on them.

The school lunch thing is a perfect example. Is it ridiculous that tomato paste is considered a vegetable? Sure. But what is the first thing these enraged parents can think of to solve the problem? Appeal to the FEDERAL government to step in and dictate what kind of food should be served in the schools. You're dependent on them. And the result of that is that they reach a little further and start telling YOU what kinds of foods YOU must eat in your own home. Is the more sensible course of action not to go to your duly elected school board and say "Do something about this or you will not be voted back onto the board?" This allows you to work on the problem at a local level and keeps the feds as far away from your daily life as humanly possible, which was sort of the point of establishing the U.S. as a republic in the first place.
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but I kept waiting for you to start talking about black helicopters. I was a little bummed you didn't.