Do you have a physical piece of motivation?

Options

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My physical piece of motivation.......

The picture of me at 300+ pounds. Whenever I get the urge to binge and mess up maintenance calories I shut my bedroom door and look at what I was. I DO NOT want to go back there.

So far it's worked....been at the same weight (give or take 5lbs) for over six months. Longest I have stayed on track.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Aww this is odd I know but my neighbor across the street who had some type of surgery & bam lost it just like that, and I've lost weight by diet & exercise 6 days a week and it's taken me some time but I'm toned and she's not! lol but she's keeping me focused and she doesn't even know. What do you all think of this?:blushing:
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My physical piece of motivation is, my body. It's stuck with me through thick and thin and now, it's properly being looked after. I love it more than anything and my health is my number 1 priority. ! I have lost around 14/15lbs so far, weigh in day is tomorrow and I can tell I've lost more so we will see how that goes tomorrow.

You really need to ask yourself one simple question....do I want to change things? If the answer is yes, you need to do everything within your power to make that happen, whether it is cleaning up your diet or incorporating some exercise into your lifestyle!

Good luck to everyone on their journey! It's the taking part that counts not the destination!

:P
  • CristlNothem
    CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love this website, because reading others motivations gives me more motivation. I want to go buy a bikini and a formal dress. The formal dress to be worn at the Marine Corps ball this November, and a bikini to hopefully wear summer 2013 in Hawaii for my 5th anniversary (here to hoping we go). I want to look hot for my husband...especially after this separation that we are getting through. .would love a size 6 dress, since the last ball i was wearing a size 14. just hope i can get it up over my ribs...i hate that having a baby changes your body so much...even the bones.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    All my old dressed that I used to be able to wear (and a couple I never did fit into). And a bikini. I have never worn a bikini before (just tankinis), we are going on a scuba diving trip in August and I hope to be able to wear a bikini then.
  • Ajlal
    Ajlal Posts: 3
    Options
    For every week I complete and meet my weekly goal, I am going to set aside a small portion of money from my paycheck, like ten, twenty or something a week. When I hit my big goal... shopping spree with all the money I set aside for my good weeks.
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have so many actually. I am a high school teacher and prom is coming up and all faculty MUST attend. I have an outfit I have not worn in so many years that I wanted to fit into for prom. Yeah!!! I tried it on the other day and it fits. I also have a pair of capris that I have not worn in a number of years that I would like to wear by the end of school this year. They are so cute. I try them on occasionally and they are hanging up in my closet where I see them every time I step into it. Can't wait. I know it is going to happen.
  • bestselve2012
    Options
    LOL THIS IS FUNNY!
    Aww this is odd I know but my neighbor across the street who had some type of surgery & bam lost it just like that, and I've lost weight by diet & exercise 6 days a week and it's taken me some time but I'm toned and she's not! lol but she's keeping me focused and she doesn't even know. What do you all think of this?:blushing:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I always have a goal article of clothing in my closet. So far, I've met and surpassed many of these goal clothing pieces. I even zoomed right past a pair of jeans, I forgot they were there. Never did get to wear them, now they're 2 sizes too big.

My motivational pieces have been (all are met):

* A large bin of 'skinny' clothes dating back 10 years or more. Sadly, they're mostly all out of style...badly.
    * A pair of size 4 dress slacks
    * A bikini
    * A pair of jeans (see above)
    * Skin hugging floor length dress
    * Strapless dress (see profile pic)

Right now, it's a particular brand of dress slacks, size 4. They run smaller than the other goal pants. I'm now down to 1 pair of jeans that fit, need more jean goal items!!
  • MayberryMama
    Options
    I have a couple things i do. First I have a dress that I want to wear on a cruise we are taking in August - it's very form fitting and WHITE - I wore it to renew my vows last year and it was snug then. Now I need to drop about 15-20 lbs to even zip it up.

Also, I want to wear a bikini on the cruise. I have never worn one in "public" only at home.

Finally I have a "Thinspiration" board on Pintrest where I pin quotes and pics and little tidbits I find that keep me motivated. Every once in a while I pick my top 5-6 things from there and paste them onto a single page and print it out to hang on the fridge. Then I see it every time I go looking for snacks when I'm just bored and not hungry.
  • CaseyGaffney
    Options
    Clay Matthews jersey. I won it but it is an XL, and I was at least a 3X. I'll be wearing it now.
  • The_Carrie
    The_Carrie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't have a physical piece of motivation, but I am working out with a trainer who is always challenging me. She will often give me exercises I can't complete. It then becomes my goal by the next time we meet, to master that exercise.

It seems pretty efficient :)
  • manasunshine
    Options
    Does my tummy count? Looking at it gives me motivation! :)

THIS hahah.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Kind of embarrassing but...I taped a picture of my face on a picture of someone else who has my goal body! I have it hanging up on the mirror where I exercise at home and also a copy in the kitchen. When I see it, I often ask myself, what would this woman eat? Or what dumbbell would she lift?!!!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Lol I posted frenemy earlier. Mine hasn't had surgery but has used prescription diet pills off and on. The weight seems to fall off of her sometimes. I get jealous sometimes when I'm looking at the same weight on the scale week in and week out, but I wouldn't change the strength gains I'm getting for the world. Exercise and lifting have made such a positive difference in my life that I guess I'll just sit back and be patient. Surely, I'll get there, right? Lol
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    mamamudbug, yes we will :)
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have an entire wordrobe of clothes waiting to be worn again. Expensive clothes that I can't give away. I have to fit into them again!

Yep - Same here
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    black non-stretch size 7 ultra skinny jeans nailed to my wall.
  • SuperFitastic
    SuperFitastic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Clothes can be a good motivation but sometimes you need more. I had a picture taped in my closet of my dream "abs" that was hanging there for about a year. I'm 30 and through numerous attempts to try for them, have never had abs until this year. About 2 months ago I took a picture of myself and my little motivation picture and my abs look better than that now. I never dreamed it possible. Also rewards have been a big thing to me. When I achieve fitness or weight-loss goals I reward myself (something other than food). I like doing fitness or beauty related things that continue to motivate me. I've rewarded myself with the following:
    -blendtec -treadmill (off craigslist) -fitbit -nice running shoes -manicures or pedicures -belly button piercing -permanent makeup -new gym clothes ...I can't think of them all right now but the list goes on and on ;)
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    Umm tons and tons of clothes! :)