What type of work do you do and what do you have to deal wit

Options
MariaChele85
MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
I work for a financial institution.
Member: I have a problem with my credit card, if I dont pay by a certain time, I get a late fee! 0-0
Member: I'm having trouble logging in to my online banking.
Me: Ok what type of trouble are you having or error message are you getting?
Member: I dont know, I havent tried. 0-0
Member: My debit card won't work.
Me: Mam your acct is overdrawn, we blocked your debit card until you bring back up.
Member: What!! How did my acct get overdrawn? I haven't used it.
Me: Ok let me look at the transactions.......there was a purchase to walmart, 7-11, payment to txu ETC.......do you remember making those transactions?
Member: Yea, but I still dont see how I'm over drawn
this goes on for about 20 min........
Member: Did my check come in?
Me: ( thinking to myself) What is your name, and what is your account number, I'm not a psychic you know!
FML!

Replies

• Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm a financial advisor

Client: "I'm broke! Help me create a budget! I'll do anything!!"

Me (seeing their Starbucks coffee and smelling the cigarette smoke rolling off them): "Well how about cutting back on cigarettes and making your own coffee at home for starters?"

Client "Oh no! I can't give those up."

Me: "Ok, well there are a lot of ways to save even $5/day without really changing your lifestyle. You can raise/lower the thermostat..."

Client: "But then I'll be too warm/cold. I can't do that!"

Me: "Well you can cancel cable or at least some of the movie channels..."

Client: "That's my only entertainment. I can't give that up!"

Me: "You can stop eating out."

Client: "But when I get home I'm too tired to cook. I can't give up eating out!"

and so on and so on etc, etc, etc...

Client (2 days later posting on FB): At Outback enjoying dinner and drinks with friends and showing off new tattoo and posting picture with iPhone.

Me: *sigh*

Client next day: "I'm broke! I can't afford to pay rent! Help me or I'm going to be evicted!!!"
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Poor us!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    These are funny. I work in the Finance division for a Financial Institution. I don't have many LOL moments but I am sure there are some out there. I will think hard and see if I can recall any.
    Love reading these!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am a project manager for the environmental restoration of former Navy bases. I write scopes of work, put out requests for proposals, review the proposals, award the work, and then manage the work execution and final reporting. I act as the go-between for the contractors, the Navy base personnel, the state and federal regulators, and the public. Sometimes public meetings get really out of hand because we are talking toxins in the environment and it is science-heavy stuff, and this sort of SUPERFUND clean-up project is neck deep in acronyms.

Me at public meeting: Groundwater for the IR Site 4 in OU-2 at Building 400 has had the RD/RA completed and a FOST is now ready to be completed by FY 13.

Public: WTH??

Me: That's Gov't-speak for the methyl ethyl death in the groundwater at building 400 has been cleaned up. We no longer have a health risk ot the environment or people from that old toxic site. That property will now be sold to a developer for commercial redevelopment creating construction and office jobs where there was once a hazardous waste site.

Public: OK but we don't trust you. Is it cleaner than when God made it?

Me: No.

Public: MURDERER!

Me: Thank you for your input. Have a nice day.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm a mobile app developer. I just have to deal with trying to explain to businesses why an app is beneficial and how it can help their business.

Really, kinda boring stuff to deal with LOL!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I'm a buyer/planner for oil and gas. I love my job BUT I work with nothing but men which can be a pain. They always expect to be mothered.
  • brandy2076
    brandy2076 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I work in politics - DO NOT GET ME STARTED!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    "What do you mean my account is overdrawn???? I still have checks."

This is by far the best customer conversation I have ever had. To date....:wink:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I work for a beer distributor. I'm the Executive Assistant. I also help out or non-alcohol sales department and our accounting department with little things here and there, but my typical duties include arranging travel for my bosses, setting my main boss's calendar, random personal things from time to time, lots of meetings being the boss's extra ears/note taker, and my favorite: potential brand meetings or "brand appreciation" meetings.

Those are meetings where we are either sampling a new brand's full line of beers or tasting a full line of an existing brand's beers and learning about the flavor notes/food pairings etc. I'll get an email from our Brand Development Manager to come to one of those and basically I just get to go drink beer at work. THIS IS THE BEST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD. I love my company and the people I work with/for, and the perks are pretty awesome :)
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I work for the local school department during the school year, and at a summer day camp in the summer, & i have 3 kids of my own....gosh you would think i like kids or something
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I work overnights in the dairy and frozen coolers at a superstore.

Manager: We have 94 thousand pallets of dairy coming in tonight. Your coworker called out. IT NEEDS TO BE ALL STOCKED AND BINNED BY 7!
    Me: FML.

#2 (THE WORST)
    Customer: Oh, lalala, it's getting late, I think maybe I don't want these 34 items anymore. I'll just leave them here on this shelf even though half of them are frozen and there are some eggs and cheese. Whatevs!
    Me, finding it two hours later: WTF?! WHY!?
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    I work for a legal guardianship company. We take care of the mentally incapacitated. Today what I"m dealing with is an ex husband of someone that works here that won't go the flip away. They're divorced, get the hell over it, quit calling here and bugging us.

This IS a business office. We deal with nursing facilities, attorney's, cpa's, etc, all day. Yet one co worker continually dresses like it's Friday, but totally dressed down from there. Drives me nuts because I do my best to look good and she don't give a rats *kitten*... ugh...

Ok, don't complaining... LMAO
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I work for a financial institution.
    Member: I have a problem with my credit card, if I dont pay by a certain time, I get a late fee! 0-0
    Member: I'm having trouble logging in to my online banking.
    Me: Ok what type of trouble are you having or error message are you getting?
    Member: I dont know, I havent tried. 0-0
    Member: My debit card won't work.
    Me: Mam your acct is overdrawn, we blocked your debit card until you bring back up.
    Member: What!! How did my acct get overdrawn? I haven't used it.
    Me: Ok let me look at the transactions.......there was a purchase to walmart, 7-11, payment to txu ETC.......do you remember making those transactions?
    Member: Yea, but I still dont see how I'm over drawn
    this goes on for about 20 min........
    Member: Did my check come in?
    Me: ( thinking to myself) What is your name, and what is your account number, I'm not a psychic you know!
    FML!

I work for a financial institution as well, but I left the branches and now run 3 different offices inside 3 different retirement centers. I have the same questions, the same issues, but all my customers are out seniors..with senior issues attached. Physical limitations, dementia..so many with no family to help. Makes for some funny times, and some very sad times, (i seem to lose a lot of my favorite customers..Bess..one of my favorites, died last year at 106!) and sometimes i just get so angry. Where in the
    hell are their families? They don't help, they don't visit...what is wrong with people???? But....I love it!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I work for the Government, in Child Support Collections. People hate me for this.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Type of work: Insurance

What do I deal with: Idiots

But I shouldn't complain. I make a decent living off these idiots, without whom there would be no need for insurance. :bigsmile:
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Guess. LOL And watch the news. You will see.
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am a police dispatcher. Sooo many moments but most I cant share....we tend to have a warped sense of humor and I cant ever guess when others will be offended BUT here is a good one.

caller: I want to report a speeder. Hes doing 94mph
    me: sir, how do you know he is going that speed?
    caller: cuz im right behind him and thats what my speedometer says
    me: what color/kind of car are YOU in and where are you?
    caller: wait! thats not fair, I called him in FIRST
    me: sir, what color;kind of car are you in and where are you?
    caller:................(click)......................
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I work with people who have disabilities.

le me: "Oh, it's 3am and everyone is asleep".

client: *is a ninja, sneaks up behind staff (that's me) and goes "MRRRuuuhhhh ga!!!"

le me: *screams

client: *takes staff by the neck and tries to stick her in the refridgerator, maybe because wants a snack. maybe just to mess with staff.
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Radiology...

Sono Tech, Please raise your shirt and the gel will be warm...
    Patient 1..Oh by the way I had sex before I came in and did not shower...REALLY

Xay tech, Walk to ER to get patient who says they have a stomach virus...
    How long have you been sick?
    patient 2, oh about an hour, I threw up once, Tech..ok, when you called your Dr what did they say? Oh, I didn't call...
    Tech, have you ever had the flu? DId you think maybe waiting 24 hours? Thinks to herself, REAL NICE....using the ER as a clinic, must be nice not to have a copay..

CT tech(cat scan)..I will need to start an IV and inject contrast into your vein...
    Patient? Contrast? Tech, yes, a type of DYE....
    Patient, Will I pee a funny color later, or will it dye my skin...

Xray....NOT OF THE WRIST! lETS SAY CHEST...ptient says, should I take off my watch...
    Tech, Rolls eyes, REALLY!

Xray, Dr order says Barium ENEMA...She explains to patient...
    Patient...WAIT...no one said anything about my rectum...UH HELLO ENEMA...

This is just two minutes of my career, 25 years later....Questions and people do not change.

It keeps me smiling.:smile:
  • rcm1973
    rcm1973 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am an English professor at a community college. Some days, this is the bane of my existence.