Tuna

Options
I usually mix mayo in with my tuna. In an attempt to reduce the amount of mayo I've been adding lemon juice. I'd like to get rid of mayonaise completely. What do you mix your tuna with??

Replies

• wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine with relish and a little bit of horseradish.
  • marie_1565
    marie_1565 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I mix it with a couple of tablespoons of salsa or light cream cheese.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    guacamole!
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i dont like mayo so i use very little mirable whip... relish, onion, red crushed pepper, garlic, salt, and a chopped boiled egg!!!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I do half mayo and half plain Greek yogurt. Or, I will drain the tuna, add just enough extra virgin olive oil to bind and mix in minced red onion and chopped kalamata olives.
  • SammiFrancs
    SammiFrancs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    wasabi mustard and some fresh ground black pepper.
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice, black pepper and chilli sauce, yum:)
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    diced bell peppers and onions, lemon, balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper to taste.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Mustard...or u could mix with some Greek yogurt...or add some ranch (the packet kind...very low cal.. Jut mix with some water)
  • rattler0812
    rattler0812 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I mix in chopped egg and celery. If I can sneak it in, I'll piss off my wife by adding some diced sweet pickles. Some pepper for a bit more flavor. Then into a sandwich or on top of crackers before my daughter notices that I am eating her tuna fish. (I love how it's my money that buys the food but the rest of the family calls dibs on what they will eat before me. Oh well.)
  • 1RBelle512
    1RBelle512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with yellow mustard and red wine vinegar, or dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar if I'm feeling decadent.

Also really good: http://www.food.com/recipe/chickpea-and-tuna-salad-172858 but you don't need the olive oil, and you can use less chickpeas and throw in a yellow or orange bell pepper as well.
  • mandathegreat
    Options
    Oh gosh, I just eat it. Plain and simple. Ha!
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    fage 0%, and chilli flakes and pepper
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe from the Flat Belly Diet Pocket guide. It uses very little mayo and it tastes very good.

2.5 oz Tuna Fish
    1 tsp Mayonnaise,
    1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
    1 tsp Fresh Parsley
    1 TBSP Lemon Juice
    30g (1oz) Pine Nuts
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Kraft Low Fat Ranch dressing (1 T) and shredded carrots, broccoli and cauliflower...throw in it a whole wheat pita. That's lunch! :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    nothin i eat it plain with brown rice or whole wheat spaghettis
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese dressing, spring onion and peppers, yum!
  • cansmith80
    Options
    laughing cow cheese!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I just reduce the amount of mayo (I use about 1 tbsp) and add in mustard and some pepper.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    -lemon juice, sugar free relish, salt and pepper is good for a really fresh taste, and is great served on iceberg lettuce
    -laughing cow cheese wedges
    -laughing cow cheese with salsa

I don't know your exact reasons for ditching the mayo, but I'm wondering if you looked into kraft's mayo with olive oil. The calories are lower (45), and it doesn't have any saturated fat. It tastes great and doesn't have a weird texture or anything like that.